April 26, 201115 yr comment_35566 Over half of all boxed Portal 2 sales in the UK last week came on Microsoft's Xbox 360, according to GfK-ChartTrack data.Just 35 percent of sales were of the PS3 version of the game - something of a surprise considering the cross-platform capability offered with the title's Steam features.The news comes as PSN suffers a sixth day of downtime following an "external intrusion" of the service.Read the rest, here.That really shocked me. It'll be interesting to see what happens by next week. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35576 That disappoints me, I was hoping it would be the other way around, so MS gets the message and Valve games don't become such messes post release(TF2 might as well not exist on the 360). Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35577 And the funny thing is, Portal 2 looks pretty crummy compared to the other 2 versions with you look at all the crazy jaggies it has (VERY POOR ANTIALIASING!!!) Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35585 The Xbox 360 is the PS2 of this generation.I don't know if thats a compliment or a backhanded remark. LOL Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35586 I'm just referring that last generation, the PS2 was the dominant system the average joe had, now chances are if your a gamer with only 1 gaming system it's an xbox 360. My freshman year of college like 16 guys on my floor had an Xbox 360 and only 1 person in the whole building had a PS3. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35595 Kinda hard to have PS3/PC compatibility if PSN is down for the entire week post launch. Report
April 26, 201115 yr Author comment_35597 And the funny thing is, Portal 2 looks pretty crummy compared to the other 2 versions with you look at all the crazy jaggies it has (VERY POOR ANTIALIASING!!!)The 360 is the only system to have shadows under its toilets in Portal. Clearly it wins. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35598 The 360 is the only system to have shadows under its toilets in Portal. Clearly it wins.ROFL. Yeah, I saw that. The problem is, the shadowing looks HORRIBLE for under the toilet/table. It's like just a giant black blob. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35615 I can't wait till the editing tools come out for PC. Will be interesting to see what the modding community does with this game. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35684 May not look the best, but at least I can play it online.LOL, very true. Report
April 28, 201115 yr comment_35842 If PC and PS3 users utilized a headset every once in awhile I'd think about getting it on one of those platforms. But lets be honest, in a game driven by cooperation, communication is key. Who on Live does own a headset? An Integrated and fully functional network will always win out. Report
April 28, 201115 yr comment_35934 I use a headset all the time. At least on PC. I'd use one of PS3 if I ever played it online. Report
April 28, 201115 yr comment_35946 PS3 should DEFINITELY come packaged with a headset. It's stupid that it doesn't. It's true that a lot of PS3 users don't talk online and it's part of the reason I dislike playing that system online. Report
April 29, 201115 yr comment_35991 PS3 should DEFINITELY come packaged with a headset. It's stupid that it doesn't. It's true that a lot of PS3 users don't talk online and it's part of the reason I dislike playing that system online. I thought that was because you would get your identity stolen... Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36357 I have a headset for my PS3 and Pc but my 360 one broke The advantage of Pc is that with text chat, you can get around the no mic issue.Also hearing people is over rated when playing with strangers, especially immature strangers Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.