April 21, 201115 yr comment_35258 Old Phone: http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/LG-GR500-Black.jspNew Phone: http://www.htc.com/us/products/inspire-att#overviewSafe to say I LOVE the upgrade. Report
April 21, 201115 yr comment_35265 Woooot! There are a TON of awesome apps and games.I also suggest getting the Amazon Android Marketplace app ASAP. They have a FREE game you can download everyday and a bunch of them are pretty cool. I love Tower Defense games and recommend Robo Defense and Tower Raiders Report
April 21, 201115 yr Author comment_35272 I like that I can post from my phone now too. I will be sure to check out the app you mentioned chris. Report
April 21, 201115 yr comment_35274 I don't know if GTunes is still available either. It's a program that you can download basically any MP3 file. Not sure how it's legal but it works. LoL Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_35310 and an htc android like me, woo. Although mine doesnt really look quite like that anymore. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_35315 there's a million apps just like gtunes. no worries if you can't find it. Report
April 22, 201115 yr Author comment_35358 Woooot! There are a TON of awesome apps and games.I also suggest getting the Amazon Android Marketplace app ASAP. They have a FREE game you can download everyday and a bunch of them are pretty cool. I love Tower Defense games and recommend Robo Defense and Tower RaidersCannot install 3rd party apps on AT&T. Anyone know a good workaround? Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_35359 Inspire 4G is easily rooted to allow you to install 3rd party stuff. Quick Google search will get you what you need. Report
April 22, 201115 yr Author comment_35360 Inspire 4G is easily rooted to allow you to install 3rd party stuff. Quick Google search will get you what you need.All that I have found so far requires a computer every time I want to install something. I'll look for a better solution later. Now I should probably get some work done. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_35363 WHA!?!? You can't install 3rd party apps on AT&T? That blows. I'm glad, I guess, that I have Verizon. Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_35374 All that I have found so far requires a computer every time I want to install something. I'll look for a better solution later. Now I should probably get some work done.Dropbox works if you have the .apk file. Throw the .apk file in it from the PC, open Dropbox on the phone and tap the .apk. It to start the install.If you're looking for an app store to use for 3rd party stuff, you could use App Planet, but I can't condone that one. If you go the Dropbox route, you can get the Amazon App Store and App Brain which gets you a few more options than just the regular app store. Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_35375 WHA!?!? You can't install 3rd party apps on AT&T? That blows. I'm glad, I guess, that I have Verizon.i got a similar error the other day on my vzw droid. no 3rd party apps. Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_35376 Hmmm... Do you have the setting unchecked in your menus to install apps from unknown sources? What app was it? Report
April 23, 201115 yr Author comment_35378 Hmmm... Do you have the setting unchecked in your menus to install apps from unknown sources? What app was it?AT&T Just removes that checkbox altogether... Report
April 23, 201115 yr comment_35381 i'm not even sure. i just found it in a menu somewhere under downloads. obviously i didn't miss it. Report
April 23, 201115 yr Author comment_35382 Dropbox works if you have the .apk file. Throw the .apk file in it from the PC, open Dropbox on the phone and tap the .apk. It to start the install.If you're looking for an app store to use for 3rd party stuff, you could use App Planet, but I can't condone that one. If you go the Dropbox route, you can get the Amazon App Store and App Brain which gets you a few more options than just the regular app store.Same error. Looks like I may have to install it while connected to the PC.Damn you AT&T. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.