April 12, 201115 yr comment_34578 This is where you enter for Gamercide.org's Dejobaan Games Giveaway. For all of the details go here: http://gamercide.org/?p=4289.In short, this thread will be about potatoes and winning.If you are a new user to this site please register to enter the contest. Feel free to hang around and get to know us as well after you do. Our members are welcome to enter as well, but don't be afraid to join in on the fun if you are new!If you are particularly lazy and do not wish to go to the link , to enter the contest you must post something interesting about potatoes. The grand prize winner will be chosen at random and will win Dejobaan's last three games. Two other winners will each receive either AudioSurf or Super Meat Boy. The drawing will take place sometime on Tuesday, April 19th. All prizes will be gifted through Steam on the PC. Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_34587 Ahhhh, I got nothing interesting. So here's some random crap. LoLOne day, Mr. Potato Head was just chillin' around the potato patch with the love of his life Princess Potato Mr. Potato Head loved Princess and was very protective of her. Other potatos would glance her way and Mr. P would get all like One potato in particular really steamed his spuds. The nefarious Luigi Potato.That stupid hat. That creepy fake moustache. The way he stared at his princess really made Mr. P's brains turn to mash! So he dreamt of revenge and went to his wardrobe to decide how best to dispatch his nemesis....Death by shooting? Naaaaaah. Too good for that pesky jerk.Dice him up like some julienne fries? No. Still too easy and not enough satisfaction.Turn him into a rotted zombie? Hmmm, not a big difference there. Luigi Potato already smelt bad as it was and this wouldn't be much of a punishment.Finally it dawned upon him, with bells ringing in his mind like a clockwork potato. He came across his favorite outfit. The one costume to put on to inflict the ultimate punishment. And so he snuck over to Luigi Potato's patch one evening, broke in and beat him to death with an obscenely shaped sculpture within the home.And so all was well again within Potato Land. Mr. P had gotten rid of Luigi Potato and after a tiring evening's work he went home to enjoy a nice warm glass of milk next to his precious Princess.The End. Report
April 12, 201115 yr comment_34623 I know it's not much creative but I already have AudioSurf and Super Meat Boy so if by pure chance i win one of them give it to someone else Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_34629 A potato is not actually a vegetable...It's merely a tuber.How interesting Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_34641 The Potato has been Grown in Space - In 1995, potato plants were taken into space with the space shuttle Columbia. This marked the first time any food was ever grown in space.They were Royally Fashionable - Potato blossoms used to be the hottest royal fashion accessory. Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were both known to wear potato blossoms to spiff up their outfits. Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_34676 the most interesting thing about potatoes, is they make vodka from them. Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_34677 Because of the gardening I've been doing we've been doing at the house, I've found out some pretty neat stuff.Potatoes, like tomatoes, both come from the deadly nightshade family. Thanks to the miracle that is nature however, they aren't deadly... they're DELICIOUS.AND......drumroll......You can GRAFT the two together and grow both at the same time. I give you... the Pomato!! Report
April 14, 201115 yr comment_34734 Pluralising potato (to potatoes) though often done is actually innacurate. This stems from the fact that there is only one true potato known to exist. When one grows 'potatoes' one is actually connecting, via the roots, their plot of land to the so called 'origin' (the only true potato). Once connected what we call potatoes, it is actually far more accurate to descibe them as fragments of The Potato, are able to grow just under the surface due to the transference of nutrients from the origin. It is perhaps easiest to think of this as being somewhat akin to the angiogenesis of tumours i.e. the growth of new blood vessels from pre-existing vessels.Thanks for the giveaway... Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35132 So the entrants are:1. CoyandChris2. Masni - (not in the drawing for AudioSurf or Super Meat Boy since he owns them both)3. Jrtaylor914. Bacon5. LGWyant6. Captain C0ncussi0n7. IDFinnersI will be using random.org sometime today to draw the winners.If someone has one of the games already but didn't mention it, I can redraw. If you win one of the items, you will be removed from the drawing for the next. Good luck! Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35133 First up, AudioSurf.The entrants are:1. CoyandChris2. Jrtaylor913. Bacon4. LGWyant5. Captain C0ncussi0n6. IDFinners Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35134 And the winner is...IDFinners! Congratulations, PM me here with your Steam username or e-mail, or friend me on Steam. My username is the same as here, AudaciousKevin. Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35135 Next we have Super Meat Boy, the meat-tastic platformer that has the rare ability to simultaneously elicit both frustration and joy.The entrants are:1. CoyandChris2. Jrtaylor913. Bacon4. LGWyant5. Captain C0ncussi0n Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35136 And the winner is...Captain C0ncussi0n!I already have you on Steam, so if there aren't any objections I will gift it to you today. Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35137 Last but certainly not least, we have the grand prize, the Dejobaan Games Pack, including The Wonderful End of the World, 1... 2... 3... Kick it!, and that game that has lots of 'a's in it.The entrants are (and don't think I didn't see what u did thar sneaking into the final drawing by already having the other two games ) :1. CoyandChris2. Masni3. Jrtaylor914. Bacon5. LGWyant Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35140 And the winner is...Jrtaylor91! Congratulations! Same as before, just PM me with your e-mail or Steam username, or friend me on Steam with my username here.And that's it! Thank you to everyone who entered. And if you are new to the forums, don't be afraid to stick around! Report
April 19, 201115 yr comment_35141 The entrants are (and don't think I didn't see what u did thar sneaking into the final drawing by already having the other two games ) :No no i really have SMB and Audiosurf i swear EDIT: Congratulations to the winners Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35143 Hang on, something strange is going on here. I seem to have a copy of Portal here, and this evil AI that calls herself Gladys or something is telling me if I don't give it to someone I will be deleted. Guess I better comply.So the entrants are:1. CoyandChris2. Masni3. Jrtaylor914. Bacon5. LGWyant6. Captain C0ncussi0n7. IDFinnersWell here goes:Huh? Well that's odd. Tell you what, the first person that posts in this thread that doesn't have it, gets it. You don't even have to have entered into this contest. I bet most of you have this old game anyways... Please don't kill me Gladys. Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35147 Update: IDFinners says he already has AudioSurf, therefore it shall be redrawn.The entrants are:1. CoyandChris2. Bacon3. LGWyantAnd the winner is:Bacon! Same deal as before, PM, add on Steam, etc.Still looking for anyone who doesn't have Portal 1 on Steam though... Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35159 W00t-ness! Thanks bunches and gratz to all the winners!! I have a <3-on for Gamercide. Report
April 21, 201115 yr Author comment_35216 This user has been killed by Gladys.I guess practically everyone who has Steam has Portal 1 lol.Also, aside from Concussion, I haven't gotten any e-mails/Steam usernames yet, guess no one else wants their prizes lol. Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35693 I can't believe the winners still haven't checked back lol. I guess I'll send out some PMs. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.