April 8, 201115 yr comment_34389 It's crap like this that bugs me... I have Dragon Age Ultimate with all the DLC on my PC. Right now me and the thousands of others with the game cannot play it because EA's servers are down for the game.Now what the hell is the point of buying DLC if I cannot play the damn game when the servers are down? If I own the crap I should be able to play it when I want, regardless of the servers.Now that my little rant is over, what is your opinion on EA's digital content and do you feel that you rightfully own it if EA prettymuch has the ability to pull it from you if they shut down their servers? Report
April 8, 201115 yr comment_34390 I'm really really -really- not too keen on EA's stance of having to "authenticate" the DLC via log-in to their servers. Honestly I'm not sure what, if anything, as consumers we can do to start to turn the tide that is this growing wave of "Yes you "bought" the product but in fact, you're really leasing it from us." short of simply not buying it.I could rant.. a lot.. but I'm at work. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffriday. Report
April 9, 201115 yr comment_34398 .....are the servers STILL down? I tried to boot up DA: Origins and because I have the Stone Prisoner and Blood Armor DLC's it's saying that an "owner" of the content needs to be logged in.... ....I'm logged in, ******. WTF?!?!?! Report
April 9, 201115 yr comment_34400 I'm kinda in a similair situation with XBL. For some reason the licensee transfer wont' work for my xbox, so pretty much.Can't play about 150 or so songs in RB offlineCan't access my Oblivion saves offline due to Shivering IslesCan't play GTA Lost and the Damned offlineCan't play Marvel Ultimate Alliance offline due to DLC charactersCan't access most of my (probably) 30+ arcade gamesSo yeah, I kinda freaking hate DLC as a whole now. Report
April 9, 201115 yr comment_34401 The Future of Optical Media^This article pretty much sums up all my feelings about DLC and digital download gaming in general. It's crap, I can't play Forza 2 while offine, my arcade games become trials and Oblivion DLC is unusable it makes me wonder, do I really own any of this content? Report
April 9, 201115 yr comment_34402 ******... give me the old days when you installed games from FLOPPIES onto your hard drive and you needed to enter the 5th word of the 3rd paragraph on page 39 of the instruction manual to continue.That's "DRM" enough for me, thank you very much!!!*obligatory get off my lawn* Report
April 9, 201115 yr Author comment_34404 Still down. And EA is saying that it may be 24 to 48 hours.How long does it take to fix a server, I mean seriously... Report
April 9, 201115 yr comment_34409 ******... give me the old days when you installed games from FLOPPIES onto your hard drive and you needed to enter the 5th word of the 3rd paragraph on page 39 of the instruction manual to continue.That's "DRM" enough for me, thank you very much!!!*obligatory get off my lawn* Report
April 9, 201115 yr comment_34435 Yeah. I'm seriously not freaking amused. Granted I've been busy all morning and have yet to have "time to game" today but still... this is freaking ridiculous. Report
April 9, 201115 yr Author comment_34437 Yeah. I'm seriously not freaking amused. Granted I've been busy all morning and have yet to have "time to game" today but still... this is freaking ridiculous.What is worse it that almost nobody has heard anything from EA regarding the matter Report
April 11, 201115 yr Author comment_34502 56 hours and counting....Going to get into a chat and see if I can get an estimate as to how much longer this is going to last... I really want an explanation now. Report
April 11, 201115 yr Author comment_34522 While I am a little disappointed that it is not fixed and there is no estimate as to how long it will be, I have to give this guy some credit since he gave me $20 off my next purchase. <br><br><iframe src="http://skylark95.co.cc/steam/dragon_age_servers_down_support.htm" width="1000px" height="800px"></iframe> Report
April 11, 201115 yr comment_34523 Pretty cool, but be sure not to buy any DLC that requires server side authentication. Report
April 11, 201115 yr comment_34524 Soooooo.... that means never buying another EA PC product? >_> Report
April 11, 201115 yr Author comment_34525 Soooooo.... that means never buying another EA PC product? >_>Pretty much. lolMight see how much some of the ME2 DLC costs... I haven't played any of it. Although I bet it doesn't work for that since you get those from the Bioware store. I'll try anyway. lol Report
April 11, 201115 yr comment_34526 We will make thing work very soon.Well there's the problem, they've got trained monkeys for tech support! lol jk, the guy sounded like he was doing a pretty good job. Cool of him to give you the discount. It just doesn't make sense why they can't activate/authenticate the DLC on first use like you said, like most other developers/publishers do. Report
April 11, 201115 yr Author comment_34527 Bought myself 3 new DLC's for ME2 that I have been wanting to play for some time. Cost me $5 for all of them Report
April 13, 201115 yr Author comment_34645 Fixed as of 10 minutes ago...Took them FOUR AND A HALF DAYS TOO!!!Edit: Here is the really damn long post about the issue on the Bioware forums.http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/7036701 Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.