Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Portal Ps3/steam Question

Featured Replies

Simply put, I would like to grab a copy of Portal for the PS3, simply for the Steam copy, then have a contest to give away the PS3 copy. My concern with this however is whether or not this will work. I do not own a PS3 and from the Google Searches I've done on the topic, it appears that you have to link your PSN account to your Steam account.

I have a few unanswered questions that I am hoping some of you can help me with.

  1. Is it possible to create a PSN account without a PS3?
  2. If the above is possible, then what would the effect be if I link them together?
  3. Will I be able to play my copy on Steam on my PC without problem?
  4. Will the person who got the PS3 copy of the game be able to play it on their account or will the game only work with the account it is linked to?

Any idea let me know. Would be cool if this is possible but I am not for sure if it is.

I don't think it will work, but I think you can have a PSN account without owning a PS3. I think you can create a PS3 account just by logging into the PSN network from your computer. Give it a couple days before trying though .. I think Anonymous shut down the PSN website.

  • Author

Ya... from what I have been seeing, it is not looking like it will be possible. :(

I may just preorder the game on Steam and give away the copy of the original portal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.