Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

THQ claims Homefront price drop was “plan to gain market share”

Featured Replies

Those of you hoping to cash in on THQ’s rocky release of their newest title, Homefront, by taking advantadge of the reported price drop by Amazon and Walmart are going to be in for a surprise if you try to go pick up a copy today. 

THQ issued a statement today in defense of selling Homefront at full price, which basically states that they disapprove of the price drops advertised by Amazon and Walmart:

“Amazon and Walmart.com have raised the prices back up and it was a one-day plan to gain market share on the biggest title in the industry right now.  THQ did not support this in any way, shape, or form.”

homefront_logo.jpg

There you have it folks.  Did you have a chance to pick up Homefront at the one day discounted price?  If you purchased it on launch day from those retailers do you think they will make good on the one day deal and offer you a refund?  Head on over to our forums talk about it or leave a comment to tell us what you think right here!

Me?  I bought mine at Kmart, scoring a free 1600MS point card and $10 in rewards points.  I can’t resist a deal!

View the full article

Jason bought it at Gamestop. This game is such a rip. He likes it, but I think it sucks major ballage. THQ's statements here of late aren't helping to shift my opinion either.

......and further reason for me to wait till this game hits the bargain bin.

You can't expect me to believe the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing here.

No matter, it will be at least down to 30 in a month or 2. Maybe i'll check it out eventually when it's super cheap, but for now, I just can't wait to stop hearing about. I've seen more marketing for this game then than I did for Halo Reach.

Is it really that much of an advantage? Sure it's a $20 advantage, but like Chris said, he got the advantage of getting 1600 free space bucks plus his K-Mart points or whatever. Which is equal to, if not more of an advantage than the Wal-Mart/Amazon advantage.

Yeah, the kmart points are basically just a "gift card" thing. It's like the Subway rewards card. Buy stuff, get points, redeem them for money off a purchase. Sometimes you get "bonus" points for purchases, like in this case, which usually range from 10,000-25,000 ($10-$25). It's a free program Kmart has. *shrugs* So I got $20 in XBLA points, and I got 10,000 points which is $10 off anything in the store. Better deal IMHO. Plus I used previous points I had so the game itself only cost me $30.

I don't have any real interest in picking this game up. Even if it is at a discounted price. It just looks really average to me. Not bad at all, just nothing to get excited about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.