March 7, 201115 yr comment_32328 So apparently the big man upstairs decided to take a giant dump all over most of New York state.We got 18" of snow last night (some local areas reporting up to 26"). I've been up since 5:10AM this morning shoveling, and we still couldn't make it out of our driveway. Coy tried to gun it into the completely snowcovered street and got stuck, so it took another half hour of digging the car out and pushing it back up into the driveway. The plows haven't even TOUCHED our street so it's impossible, even with a set of four snow tires on our car. The main road near us is semi plowed, but since they haven't turned down our road we have about a 5 foot snow bank blocking the whole exit to the road.A state of emergency has been called until at least 5PM today. Not supposed to be on the roads at all, but since Coy is a nurse she HAS to go to the hospital. She was supposed to be there at 7AM this morning but obviously that didn't happen. They plowed a little up near my father, so he came down and we walked down to the main road so he could drive her in to work. Just got back.Oh yeah, and there is going to be hella flooding too. The giant river near us has a flood stage of 17 feet. It's already at 17.8 feet and flooding is already occuring. With rain forecast in the next few upcoming days, combined with 40+ degree temperatures, when this all melts it's going to be a giant sh*tstorm.Man I hate being in insurance. We're closed today (obviously, can't get there), but the next few days are going to suck with all the accident claims and explaining to people who do not have flood insurance that ground water and flooding isn't covered by their homeowner's policy. *sad face* Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_32331 bizarre .. since there's no snow at all here in Jersey. It rained all day yesterday and melted it all away. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_32334 I heard about all of that snow on the news this morning! It's just awful!We mostly got rain out of that storm, although we did get a little bit of snow and ice last night. Nothing compared to you guys though. Be careful! Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_32337 Im serious, we've had nice weather lately. The snow had pretty much all melted, my driveway was lookin' good again and then all this happened. This storm was supposed to miss us, but I guess some northern winds blew it down towards us or something. It's pretty crazy outside. I'm practically stranded. Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_32341 Maybe we need to organize a groundhog hunt for the groundhog that predicted an early spring! Report
March 7, 201115 yr comment_32354 We have had a total of about 3 feet of snow this season. It just seems your state has been getting pounded with snow though... Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_32362 *wipes forehead*Ok, thank god. I just got out of the shower. It's been a LOOOOONG day. I'm all finished shoveling. Got out of my driveway a little bit with my car and headed up to my pop's house. Took his truck and his snowblower so I could go down to the office to clean out the front and rear entranceways for tomorrow and then back to my place to finish the job. Ended up clearing out my driveway and mailbox area, and then helped three other people on my block who were struggling to get all the snow from the plows (which FINALLY came) out of their driveways too. So I've been very busy but did my good deeds for the day.I'm headed out to pick up Coy from work now too. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad.But yay! I finally get to relax a little. LoL Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32377 all i read was you got 18 inches of snow. i then stopped to say i hate you and send it down my way Report
March 8, 201115 yr Author comment_32400 Sorry Stealthy. You could have it if you wanted. I am BEYOND sore today. All my muscles ache from all the shoveling yesterday. I must have moved hundreds of pounds of snow. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32417 Now i used to live in watertown.... LOL now if ur close to that then i feel bad bc then i know there just overwelmed anywere else not sure if they could handle much LOL Report
March 9, 201115 yr comment_32450 New York has been ownedPrettymuch. I would like to see how much snowfall they have got TOTAL this season. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.