Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Finally Upgrading My Pc

Featured Replies

So I just ordered some new parts for my PC on Newegg today. Hopefully I should be getting them tomorrow, but definitely thursday at the latest.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127510

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371015

I'm upgrading from my stock 250W power supply and a miserable Nvidia 9500GS.

  • Author

So I was tooling around with it all last night. Got the card to fit in the PC and messed around with the power supply. I'm afraid to turn it on though and need help with cable management. I want to be 100% sure it's all hooked up properly so I'm bringing it over to a friend today who is going to check it out quickly for me.

I just feel like I'm looking at the thing and going....

charliedurrrrrrr.jpg

  • Author

Ok, so my friend looked at it and told me I did everything correctly so I would have been ok to turn it on.

I'm going to be losing two things to my knowledge due to the size of the new video card:

1) TV Tuner. I never used it anyways. Came as a stock option in this HP "Media Center" PC. *shrugs* Pitching it in the trash.

2) Loss of use of the frontal USB ports (2 of them). Not a biggie. I have 4 in the back of the tower and could always us a plug in hub if I wanted more easily accessible.

So, tonight I get to go home and play the cable management game. There is a ridiculous amount of unused cabling. LOL

  • Author

I think I will just use a bunch of zip ties. Honestly though, looking at the thing, I don't know what I'll do yet. There is SO MUCH extra cabling it's crazy. It's going to be tough to somehow make it all fit back in. It's like the whole thing is disembowled at the moment. A PC just sitting there with a shitload of intestines just hanging out the side of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.