February 22, 201115 yr comment_31491 So, it's all catching up with me again. I need to play Awakenings still. I'm about ready to give up. Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31813 I finally tried this over the weekend. Dragon Age 2 is going to be.....FREAKING AWESOME!I loved it. Isabella is hot! The combat feels much more satisfying this time around. They sped it up a little and the animations are looking good. You can still pause and plan with the wheel, which I like to do in long fights. The graphics are improved but was not too concerned with that as long as the gameplay was still fun. Voice acting was top quality and did I mention Isabella is hot?Can't wait for this game! Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31822 Played this Demo over the weekend.I have to agree it was most fun. I've never played Dragon Age (the original) and now I will be dusting off the copy that woefully sat on the shelf and installing it on the PC so I can experience that before I buy DA 2. I did enjoy the dialogues, the fight mechanics, the ability to map out custom "class" selections based on what you wanted to focus a character in.Yeah.... I'm a total fantasy RPG fanboi and I was nerd-gasming. Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31827 Been playing the first one and I must say... It is awesome. Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31847 I still haven't played the demo, but I want to go play Awakenings first. Either way I'll likely pick this up somewhere down the road. Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31857 I want to play awakenings too. I figure if I get to it before 2 comes out great. If not I will just have to read about it because nothing is stopping me from playing DA2 when it comes out!@Captain C0ncussi0nYeah your right, forgot to mention that I liked the ability to map out custom "class" selections as well. Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31858 Can someone help me understand the pre-order bonuses for this game lol? I pre-orderd the signature edition long ago.... Report
February 28, 201115 yr comment_31862 The best I can make out is no matter what version you buy brand new you will get: * A fighting Mabari War Hound * The Mirror of Transformation * Access to exclusive Magic and Crafting StoresIf you pre-order before March 8th you get: * The Lion of Orlais Shield * The Fadeshear SwordLooks like signature edition comes with some DLC thing in addition to the above. Report
March 1, 201115 yr comment_31884 This will be a skip for me. Didn't really care for the other one. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32375 Well tonight is the night. Getting this probably tonight at the midnight event or if I am too tire tomorrow. My main concern with all this is the bonus items. What bothers me is I hope all these bonus items are not the best stuff you can get. Half the fun in the game for me is finding new equipment that is better and min/maxing out. If I get it all right up front that part of the game gets lost which could shorten the life of this game for me.I was disappointed in the first game to find out that Blood Dragon Armor was at or near the best armor you could have. There are tons of bonus items.Just take a look here. How many more bonus items do we need!!!!?http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/bonus_items/ Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32379 If mods are supported like Origins, then there will probably be a mod with all the pre-order items. There was for the original.I played the demo and liked it. Im not getting it right now though, I'll wait till its a little cheaper. I want to get a DX 11 graphics card first Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32384 Yeah. I did really like the original. I think 2 will be worth picking up sometime. Though, you're right about the preorder crap. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32423 Can't wait to get home! Picked up the game. I got a good feeling I will like this one better than the first. Report
March 8, 201115 yr Author comment_32424 I just got my copy from Kmart. Used up my Reward Points and got $37 off the purchase price. Also, since I bought it there, I got $30 back in more rewards points. LoL Can't beat that. Screw pre-order bonuses. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32429 I just got my copy from Kmart. Used up my Reward Points and got $37 off the purchase price. Also, since I bought it there, I got $30 back in more rewards points. LoL Can't beat that. Screw pre-order bonuses.That is awesome. I agree screw pre-order bonuses! Did you have to pre-order with Kmart though or you just dropped by and picked it up? Did they have signature edition? Report
March 8, 201115 yr Author comment_32440 I dunno. I just bought the regular edition that came with some Online code for the doggie and some other DLC thingy. It doesn't come with that extra character or whatever (who is available to download, already on LAUNCH day, for 560 space bucks).I tend to buy most of my new release games from Kmart. They ALWAYS have awesome deals. I regularly look at CheapAssGamer.com to see what deals they have going on. Report
March 9, 201115 yr comment_32446 pre-ordered through amazon with release day delivery so I wouldn't have to go to the store to pick it up on my day off... it's 4:23 and it's still not fricken here. GRRRRRRR stupid ups, worst delivery service EVER... Report
March 11, 201115 yr comment_32629 Didn't arrive until after 630 pm that night, so much for release day shipping. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.