Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Halo CE Remake Announced

Featured Replies

haloce_1_2008-04-14_01-07-38-24.jpgFans of Master Chief prepare to get your pants wet with sheer excitement.  A remake of the game that put Halo on the path to taking over the world is officially being remade for the Xbox 360 and will be releasing on November 15, 2011 which happens to be exactly ten years since the release of the original.

Saber Interactive who is responsible for Time Shift,  is taking over the reigns of the remake.  Halo CE will be getting a full visual overhaul supporting 1080p and 3D televisions as well as new art assets will be added.  It has also been announced that Halo CE will not be a product of the Reach engine.

No other major details have been released since the announcement.

via Joystiq

View the full article

I can't believe it's already been ten years since this came out. I feel old.

Let's just say I'm 19 now, will be 20 by the time game comes out if it really does come this year. Just put that into perspective.

Although, I never was a big halo 1 guy, Im pretty interested in this although gears 3 will be number 1 this holiday season in my eyes.

I'm definitely gonna pick this up. I was 8 when the original came out. Halo CE was the only Halo I fully enjoyed, so this is a must buy for me.

Nothing intentional. :)

Although, I really wonder if they can pull this off, it's risky business. I don't believe Microsoft has ever done a remake of an AAA title. One game that would be cool to being back would be NFL Fever.

TimeShift wasn't that bad at all. Could have used a better story and some more polish, but it had some good game mechanics with the time travel. Doesn't matter what the studio it is though, I'd only ever want Bungie to remake their own older Halo titles (and I'd rather they focus on new projects anyways, as I don't see them needing remakes), so yeah.

And I believe I was 11 when Halo 1 came out, but I didn't really play 1 or 2 until a few years later.

Hopefully it's nothing more then a paint job.

Yeah, really hope it's a Perfect Dark like remake, with just better graphics and up to date functionality(online), and specifically for online, NO MATCHMAKING. It's what's always drove me away from the Halo games, after loving Halo CE' PC port.

wow i was 10 when halo first came out, think i was 11 when i finally got to play it. certainly does not feel like i got hooked on halo that long ago. 5 years max, where the hell did time go?

Does anybody else find this as an alarming trend? Re-making/Updating of old games just to cash in on their popularity. I've even fallen victim to this with the Sly Cooper Collection and the upcoming Ico/Shadow of the Collossus re-makes on the PS3. I dunno, just seems wrong to me. Are there no more original ideas for these companies to throw money at?

a remake is a remake....

it will never realy be Halo CE.

and like a few, im jsut hoping its a new paintjob and better engine.... *tried playing halo CE a while back... the game mechanics and physics sucks balls*

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.