Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

February's Secret (Lazy) Santa

Featured Replies

OK guys, I know it's a little bit late but we will still be holding a Secret Santa gift exchange this year. I think this can be really fun, and I know we have a lot of members who will participate and make this exciting!

Who can enter:

-Anyone can enter, but I'm asking that you have made a minimum of 10 posts on these forums before entering. Just to show that you're going to be sticking around.

-You must be comfortable with sending me your mailing address and other information (listed below).

-You must be willing to have your mailing address sent to someone else on these forums, who will be sending you a gift.

-You must be willing to ship a gift of your choice to an address that you will be receiving.

What's Gonna Happen?

-To enter the Secret Santa, send me a PM that includes the questionnaire at the bottom of this post (filled out of course). Included in the questionnaire will be your shipping address, as well as other questions about your likes/dislikes.

DEADLINE!!!!!!!!! I'm setting the deadline to sign up for Friday, February 11th. As long as you have signed up by the end of the day Friday, you will be good to go. I feel as though that gives our regular forum members plenty of time to submit their entry.

-Once I have received all entries, I will randomly begin selecting names.

-Everyone who signs up will receive a shipping address to send their gift to, along with the questionnaire for that person.

-HOW THE GIFTS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED...Let's say I draw names in this order: A, B, C, D. A will send to B, B will send to C, C will send to D, and D will send to A. In other words, the person you're sending to won't be the same person you're receiving from.

-To make things interesting, YOU WILL NOT KNOW THE PERSON YOU ARE SENDING TO (OR RECEIVING FROM) until a a later date. If we have a lot of people sign up (which I'm hoping we do), then as soon as the sign-up deadline hits, I will publish a list of all the people who signed up. That way you guys can have fun trying to guess who you're sending to, and once you get your gift, who sent it to you. I think this will be the most fun if you keep your gifts a secret from each other on these forums. That way, this will truly be a SECRET Santa, and part of the fun will be not knowing who is sending to who. Of course, if there are only 3 or 4 people I won't do this because it would be easier to guess.

-I'm asking that all gifts that you send be valued at $20 or less. I'm not going to disqualify you or anything if it's slightly above, but I think this is a fair limit.

-Once the sign-up deadline arrives, you'll have another week to ship your gifts, so I'll set a tentative deadline for shipping your gift to be on Friday. February 18th. Remember, you won't be getting your shipping address until sign-ups are closed.

-I'll post updates later on, but you will need to keep in touch with me as to when you shipped your gift, and when you received your gift. You guys will be able to guess who sent it to you, and shortly afterward I will post who sent to who.

-If you wish, you can include your name, gamertag or whatever along with your gift, thus revealing your identity. This is completely up to you if you want to do it. However, I ask that if you know who sent you your gift, you keep it to yourself until everyone has received their gift. This way, it doesn't give anything away for the other members who don't know their Secret Santa.

-I will group members by country. If you're outside the US, you will be paired by someone outside the US.

PLEASE don't sign up if you don't intend on sending your gift on schedule. Of course, if for some reason someone doesn't receive a gift, you will be getting a gift, don't worry. It may just be a little late so that I can make some adjustments.

Again, please PM me by next Friday with the below questionnaire filled out.

If you have any GENERAL questions about Secret Santa, feel free to post them here. Please don't post here whether you're signing up. (Remember, it's a secret =P)

Thanks guys, let's make this a success!

NOTE: I will be adding another interesting twist to the Secret Santa event, but it will not be announced until the shipping deadline has arrived. Happy Secret Santa-ing!!! Lolz

Secret Santa Questionnaire

My Name (Gamertag, will be hidden from recipient):

My Mailing Address:

Marital Status:

I have Children, yes or no, if so how many and ages (optional, may not want to include because a lot of members know about your kids already):

Pets:

House Décor:

Career:

Favorite Color:

Favorite Scents:

Your Most Sinful Pleasure (keep it clean, lol):

Favorite Food:

Favorite Drink:

I Collect:

My Hobbiesmag-glass_10x10.gif:

Type of Music I Listen To:

Favorite Band/Singer:

Favorite Movie:

Favorite Types of Books to Read:

Any Other Info that You Think Would Be Helpful For Your Secret Santa:

Of course, you can expand this or you don't have to answer every question. Just make sure you include a little bit about your likes and dislikes for your secret santa. Under the last section, you could include your favorite games, etc.

  • Author

Thanks to those that have entered so far...You guys still have 8 days if you want to sign up, but as of now it doesn't look like we're going to have enough for me to post a list of everyone participating.

Also, don't let the big questionnaire dissuade you from joining...you don't have to fill it out, you can just write a sentence or two describing your likes/dislikes. I was just looking for ways to make this fun.

Finally, you CAN still join if you're an overseas member. YOU WILL get a prize. Just make sure you let me know whether you're willing to ship overseas or not. Either way, I'll work it out.

  • Author

Just want to remind everyone that you have until tomorrow night to get your entry in to me...we only have 6 people, so we could definitely use some more. =)

  • Author

Sorry for the delay on this guys...I'll still accept any entries you guys may have until I get home from work late tonight. At that time, I'll also be sending PMs to all of you with your Secret Santa info. I'll also be extending the shipping deadline a little to make sure everyone has time.

  • Author

Thanks to all who signed up...by now you all should've gotten a PM containing where to send your gift, along with that person's questionairre.

Shipping deadline, I'm going to set for Feb. 25th. If you can't ship by this date, just let me know and it'll be fine. Once the deadline hits, I'll post a list of the 10 people who signed up.

If you can, please let me know once your gift has shipped so I can keep track.

Also, one of you may be receiving a gift in a special giveaway after all gifts have shipped...so stay tuned for those of you who signed up!

  • Author

Hey guys, I've already gotten a handful of PMs about those of you who have shipped your item as well as some from a few of you who will be delayed in shipping...I will be sending PMs this weekend to those of you I haven't heard from, as well as those of you who will be receiving a gift but later than schedule. Of course, any questions just PM me. =)

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.