January 26, 201115 yr comment_28901 EDIT!* Scroll down for sexay pictures! and system specsGOD I HOPE SO!!!I can't wait to see it. I want to see what it can actually do. I hope they actually show a GAME and not just the device itself. *crosses fingers* Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28904 will be very interesting to see, thats for sure. but if they dont have monster hunter on there at all i wont be picking one up Report
January 26, 201115 yr Author comment_28909 will be very interesting to see, thats for sure. but if they dont have monster hunter on there at all i wont be picking one upYou KNOW that they will bring some sort of Monster Hunter out on it. It's one of the biggest titles in japan, and there are what, like 2 or 3 at least available now on current gen PSPs?Plus this new PSP2 is supposed to have 3G or something. *shrugs* I'd rather play over WiFi, but I hope that more games have actual server games (Like Phantasy Star Portable 2) instead of the AdHoc crap that most games have right now. Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28912 If it doesn't have two d pads/joysticks, I won't even be slightly interested. Report
January 26, 201115 yr Author comment_28914 If it doesn't have two d pads/joysticks, I won't even be slightly interested.it's been pretty mcuh confirmed that it will have dual analogs. THANK GOD Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28918 it's been pretty mcuh confirmed that it will have dual analogs. THANK GODAbout time a handheld has done that. I'm not too interested in it, but it will be nice to see how much better it is compared to the PSP Report
January 27, 201115 yr Author comment_28997 Holy sweet mother of Jebus!Apparently it's not the PSP2. It's going to be called the "NGP" (Um, Next Generation Playstation? Who knows). The device is touted as going in the direction of seamlessly transferring your games back and forth between PS3 and handheld. They brought out Hideo Kojima to demonstrate MGS4 on the new portable system. They are NOT announcing any new titles right now, which is TEH SUCK, but they claim they will show off the system more and new titles at E3 this year.I HATE WAITING!!!Here are some more shots.Rear touchscreen (which I have NO idea how it'd ever be useful):The new UI (which is SUPER UGLY, but I do see Uncharted on there so that makes up for it!) Report
January 27, 201115 yr Author comment_28998 Aaaaaaaand here are the specs:"Next Generation Portable Entertainment System" Hardware SpecsCPU: ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)GPU: SGX543MP4+External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLEDTouchscreen: Multi-touch screen (capacitive type)Rear touchpad: Multi-touch pad (capacitive type)Cameras: Front camera; rear cameraSound: Built-in stereo speakers; built-in microphoneSensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer); three-axis electronic compassLocation: Built-in GPS; Wi-Fi location service supportKeys/Switches: PS button; power button; directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left); action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square); shoulder buttons (Right/Left); right and left sticks; Start button; Select button; volume buttons (+/-)Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G); IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode); Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)Touchscreen on the front!?5" OLED screen!?ACTUAL dual analog sticks instead of those stupid analog nubs!?!!?!? YES PLZ!!!Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G AND GPS!?!!?Finally a return to game cartridges instead of UMD!?!?!?!? This isn't going to be that bad! Take a look at the 3DS flash carts. They can hold up to 8GB!This thing is going to give my hands third degree burns and have a 1.5 hour battery life. LoL It will be totally worth it though! Report
January 27, 201115 yr Author comment_28999 Ooohhhh Stealthy!Guess what?http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-capcom-demos-monster-hunter-ps2-ngp Report
January 27, 201115 yr Author comment_29002 HOLY CRAP!!!The controls are CUSTOMIZABLE! You can move around the controls on each side, swap em, flip em upside down (so the analogs are one on top and one on bottom) etc!DO WANT!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfoBFx4rleE *edit* This appears to be untrue. I've looked at many screenshots of the actual device and there is no way the controls are swappable. Report
January 27, 201115 yr comment_29007 Ooohhhh Stealthy!Guess what?http://www.eurogamer...-hunter-ps2-ngpso at first i was like meh, i have three for the wii but then i watch the video. and if my duel blades get put back in for the new psp version ill be all over it Report
January 27, 201115 yr Author comment_29008 Want to pre-order the Sony NGP (PSP2)?Gamestop has it available for pre-order for the low, low cost of....$999.00!!!! Report
January 27, 201115 yr comment_29011 Ooohhhh Stealthy!Guess what?http://www.eurogamer...-hunter-ps2-ngp"The stick feels... great!" gasped Takeuchi" LMFAOThe new PSP sounds pretty amazing, but the only thing that looks like it's missing is 4 shoulder buttons, but I guess the rear touchpad, though different, could function as L2 and R2. Report
January 27, 201115 yr comment_29029 Want to pre-order the Sony NGP (PSP2)?Gamestop has it available for pre-order for the low, low cost of....$999.00!!!!wow, thats got to be a typoe or something. or atleast a base cost to take in sales and the adjust when the official price is in Report
January 28, 201115 yr comment_29130 they're releasing some sort of cross platform smartphone game store app, too. Report
January 28, 201115 yr comment_29160 Want to pre-order the Sony NGP (PSP2)?Gamestop has it available for pre-order for the low, low cost of....$999.00!!!! The link is gone now... lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.