January 15, 201115 yr comment_27806 Looks like there is only 91 million public IPv4 addresses left. Of which they are expected to be gone in roughly 30 days. Google and many other sites are planning a world IPv6 day to test for the transition to that protocol. Article below, IPv6 test below that.http://www.neowin.net/news/world-ipv6-day-google-facebook-and-others-testing-for-24-hourshttp://test-ipv6.com/ Report
January 15, 201115 yr comment_27815 Considering how long the protocol has been around, about time almost everyone is getting to this. Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27827 Yikes, I am effed.0/10 for my IPv6 stability. I am teh confused. Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27854 Yikes, I am effed.0/10 for my IPv6 stability. I am teh confused.Same here. I'm confused though...does this mean that when this changes, a lot of us are going to have a ton of problems reaching a lot of websites? Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27855 What Chris said, I got 7/10 for Ipv4 and 0/10 for 6.Same results that I got.It says that Windows 7 and Vista should support it, but many ISPs may not be providing IPv6 support yet. May have to get a new router, too, when the transition becomes necessary. Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27870 . May have to get a new router, too, when the transition becomes necessary.Oh f*** no, it was a pain in the *** to get my computer and router to work together, and even now sometimes it just refuses to work. Ugh Report
January 17, 201115 yr comment_27947 but many ISPs may not be providing IPv6 support yet. My guess is that is most likely the case since I got the same results. Report
February 4, 201115 yr Author comment_29888 Well, they're pretty much gone. Here's a link though stating why you shouldn't worry too much.http://www.neowin.net/news/so-whats-all-this-fuss-about-ipv46-anyway Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.