January 14, 201115 yr comment_27680 Supposedly, due to the moon's gravitational pull, the alignment of the stars has been changed significantly since the Zodiac signs were originally created a few thousand years ago. As a result, all of the signs have shifted about a month. Also, a 13th Zodiac sign has been revealed, called Ophiuchus, which is for those born November 29-December 17.New Zodiac:Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16. Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11. Pisces: March 11-April 18. Aries: April 18-May 13. Taurus: May 13-June 21. Gemini: June 21-July 20. Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10. Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30. Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.Scorpio: Nov. 23-29. Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17. Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.Article: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/horoscope-hang-up-earth-rotation-changes-zodiac-signs/Personally, I think it's a little strange. A lot of people seem to be outraged and insist on using the Zodiac they're familiar with. My only thing is, having a Zodiac at all is pointless unless everyone is using it the same way. I was never a fan of Capricorn, so it's kind of cool for me, but I'm still unclear as what we're "supposed" to be following. What do you think? Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27681 What you are depends on what star you were born under, if its true that the time of the star has changed than for some the sign that you have because of the star has also changed. Logically there is nothing to complain about, and all those who are complaining are close minded and stubborn, theyre probably TaurusI'm still a Leo btw. Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27682 "The stars are markers that drift, but our main points of reference are not directly the stars. They are the equinoxes (both spring and vernal) and the solstices which altogether make the four cardinal points of the zodiac which in turn determine the signs. The stars help us locate those points which define the SIGNS of the Zodiac which remain constant in relation to the equinox point. The CONSTELLATIONS do move about and we take that into consideration when locating planets."Got this from one of the sites running this story. A reader sent it to the author, and the author put it into their update. Report
January 14, 201115 yr Author comment_27683 Interesting...it did seem pointless to me to change it now, of all times. There are some people who are really into and take their sign seriously, getting it tattoed, etc. So I could see it being hard on people to accept it being different. I'm just trying to figure out, by the books, what are we SUPPOSED to follow? There's going to be a lot of speculation and pointing out scientific facts to prove what's correct, but there can only be one correct, right? Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27684 http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/Apparently there are two zodiacs, one as PK said thats focused on the exquinox's and solstices' where the sign doesnt change, used in western astronomy. The second is focused more on the constellations where the sign would have changed, this being used in eastern astronomy. Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27687 None of it matters anyways.When you are born doesn't affect your genetics or your developing thought patterns. It's DNA, and what influences and experiences they are exposed to as they grow up that lead to an individual being who they are (obligatory)in my opinion(/obligatory). Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27690 i kinda liked being able to say im a leo. i dont pay much attention to all that stuff though. that quote that pk posted roughly sums up (although that was more technical than what i knew) what i knew about it all Report
January 14, 201115 yr Author comment_27691 It "doesn't" matter to me in the sense that I walk around trying to live my life based on what sign I am, trying to hook up with what signs I'm compatible with, etc. I rarely read horoscopes. But it does matter to a lot of people...and personally although I don't believe the signs hold much meaning to them, I still think the concept is cool and it's cool to read up on it once in a while. Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27696 It "doesn't" matter to me in the sense that I walk around trying to live my life based on what sign I am, trying to hook up with what signs I'm compatible with, etc. I rarely read horoscopes. But it does matter to a lot of people...and personally although I don't believe the signs hold much meaning to them, I still think the concept is cool and it's cool to read up on it once in a while."okay" Report
January 14, 201115 yr Author comment_27735 Wow...really wasn't trying to start an argument or get mocked. Just voicing my opinion. =P Report
January 14, 201115 yr comment_27736 Saw this on the news... thought it was a little strange that they changed them but now I see why. Report
January 15, 201115 yr comment_27762 I'm still the +5 Panda of Peculiar Posting. Nothing can take that away.Oh yeah, and Libra for life yo! Report
January 15, 201115 yr Author comment_27790 I also read something about the 13th sign discarded, and it may have been because of the number 13 being an unlucky number. It's interesting because I didn't know that they considered it unlucky 3,000 years ago. Report
January 15, 201115 yr comment_27796 I changed....but I've read somewhere if you were born before 2009 it doesn't change for you? Report
January 15, 201115 yr comment_27807 I also read something about the 13th sign discarded, and it may have been because of the number 13 being an unlucky number. It's interesting because I didn't know that they considered it unlucky 3,000 years ago.Actually, as far as i know, most of the world doesnt consider it bad luck, i know in italy their lucky number is 13 and unlucky number is 7 Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27835 Apparently now I'm a capricorn.I think I like being a goat over a mermaid anyhow Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27838 No ones signs have changed. Unless you're following the zodiac from the East, instead of the West. You're all fine. Don't panic. lol Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27839 Apparently now I'm a capricorn.I think I like being a goat over a mermaid anyhowyou would to, stupid dranei Report
January 16, 201115 yr comment_27841 1. my lucky number is 13 2. I'm an aries from a long line of aries dating back 5 generations.3. The only person this really matters to is me, if someone else wants to believe my sign has changed, then so be it.4. As PK keeps pointing out (repeatedly) this only matters depending which astrology you follow ( however closely)... kind of like most religions, they're pretty much the same except for one point or other, and people are wont to argue their point as the only valid one. 5. I love this place because people are able to talk about their opinions without fear of villagers with pitchforks claiming they're heretics. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.