December 14, 201015 yr comment_25328 I think I'm settling on getting a nook color. I want something that is backlit and has android tech. It's not all that an iPad is but the price isn't either. Any thoughts from members about this subject? I could use some imput. The price for this product is listed at $249 and seems to be reasonable for what it offers. seen here Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25329 I put the Nook Color on my holiday list this year. Can't wait to root it and have an Android based tablet. All the functionality of an iPad, with half the cost. I say go for it dude. Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25335 Tam and I bought an iPad and I gotta say it's totally worth the hype but yeah .. it's a pricey unit and lack of Flash can be a bit annoying. But we mostly use it for our Portfolio's in job interviews. I want a second tablet that does access Flash sites so I can read my Marvel Comics online and what Spawn said sounds like the best idea and exactly what I'm looking to do (I also thought about buying a 2nd iPad and Jailbreaking it) .. SOOOOOOooooo .. Spawn .. when you get your Nook let us know how well it can read Flash sites (particularly Marvel's Online Digital Comics site) hint hint!!I really do suggest waiting a bit longer and saving up a bit more money and get a tablet (which ever not just an iPad) and get a Nook app for it. I think you'll find it a bit frustrating to only have an Ereader. Report
December 14, 201015 yr Author comment_25354 Tam and I bought an iPad and I gotta say it's totally worth the hype but yeah .. it's a pricey unit and lack of Flash can be a bit annoying. But we mostly use it for our Portfolio's in job interviews. I want a second tablet that does access Flash sites so I can read my Marvel Comics online and what Spawn said sounds like the best idea and exactly what I'm looking to do (I also thought about buying a 2nd iPad and Jailbreaking it) .. SOOOOOOooooo .. Spawn .. when you get your Nook let us know how well it can read Flash sites (particularly Marvel's Online Digital Comics site) hint hint!!I really do suggest waiting a bit longer and saving up a bit more money and get a tablet (which ever not just an iPad) and get a Nook app for it. I think you'll find it a bit frustrating to only have an Ereader.Noted. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. The nook does surf the web and has wifi. I honestly think that's all I need. What do you feel are the features I would miss? Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25364 I don't know .. I never actually used a Nook yet. Does it have a touch screen like the iPad and other tablet devices? (I just haven't been paying attention) What about video play back for movies/tv? Does it have Netflix streaming app. I guess I could go and find out for myself but I thought the Nook would be more like the Amazon Kindle and be mainly an Ebook reader with limited web. Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25380 Quick and easy answer: http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/14/nook-color-getting-android-2-2-and-market-in-january-current-ha/Consider me 100% sold! Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25384 hmmm .. interesting indeed. Spawn when you get this thing and hack it can you check to see if it will load the Marvel Digital comics? You want have to download anything since they have some free samples on the website. That's all I really want in an Ereader Report
December 15, 201015 yr Author comment_25470 Quick and easy answer: http://www.engadget....ary-current-ha/Consider me 100% sold!I just bought it! It's a Christmas present from my wife so I have to wait. ( ) With this recent news I think it's THE reader to have. It's really light too! Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_25666 They've updated their site to explain no android 2.2 officially on an update, but they will have their own app store. Also the kindle 3G is the only one with free 3G service.... Amazon pays for it. I think it's a deal maker having that little feature to be free. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_25676 looks nice, tc. andoid os is awesome. i know you're gonna dig it. Report
December 30, 201015 yr comment_26384 After a few weeks with this bad boy, I'm loving it. I used to have a 2nd Gen Kindle and this thing blows it away. The screen is gorgeous and just having so many books and also music, movies, and a few games right with me is great. I highly recommend this bad boy. Also, Gamercide looks awesome on it. Report
December 30, 201015 yr comment_26398 I was playing with one a little bit before Christmas but I couldn't figure out if my Marvel Digital Comics subscription worked on it or not. The guy helping me said it likely wouldn't work because the Nook Color isn't ready to handle Flash sites/programs yet .. plus he had really horrible breath so I wanted to get away from him quickly. Would you mind checking Marvel.com in the digital section for me and seeing if it works? I'm not talking about the Marvel app and then downloading individual comics .. Marvel has a huge selection on their website. Here's the direct link to it:Marvel Online Digital ComicsThanks buddy Report
December 30, 201015 yr comment_26415 Listen to the salesman. The online comics are Flash based, which it doesn't do yet (Or without hacking). It will come though. Report
December 30, 201015 yr comment_26439 Yeah that's what I thought. I was hoping that the Nook Color would be able able to access them. Thanks for checking .. I might just get a cheap used laptop instead.thanks for looking Report
January 5, 201115 yr Author comment_26822 Just an update on the Nook Color...I'm loving this thing! It is all I need in a reader and more. If your on the fence run out and buy this! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.