Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Thank You Kmart!

Featured Replies

My new favorite place to buy games is now Kmart. I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth. I mean, really, Kmart? That's not the first store that pops into my mind when I think of where I'm going to buy a new game.

That being said, I have NO idea how they keep running promotions like they have been.

Example:

I bought Halo: Reach on release day from Kmart. $59.99. What's on my receipt? A $25 gaming coupon to be used on a future purchase.

I bought Castlevania on release day from Kmart. $59.99 - $25 = $34.99 for a brand new game. What's on my receipt? A $20 Gaming Coupon to be used on a future purchase.

I just bought Vanquish. $59.99 - $20 = $39.99. Again, on my receipt, $20 coupon for future purchases. Now here is the deal of a lifetime. If you bought Vanquish from Kmart, you can get another $30 off when you purchase any of a number of "select" titles (about 20 of them) which included Enslaved, R.U.S.E, Castlevania, etc, etc, etc. Tons of new release games! I picked up Enslaved.

So basically I paid full price of Vanquish, and only $9.99 for Enslaved.

I don't know how Kmart is doing this, but my wallet is a lot heavier from these deals and Gamestop has pretty much lost all my business lately!

my guess is it's done in error and they're not supposed to daisy chain like that.

That's where I got get my games, lol. Everytime I buy a game on release day I get a $25 off coupon for a future game purchase. Plus I can avoid the "would you like preorder whatever" questions and the lame convos that Gamestop employees try to muster up during my checkout. I just want the game and to get out.

That's where I got get my games, lol. Everytime I buy a game on release day I get a $25 off coupon for a future game purchase. Plus I can avoid the "would you like preorder whatever" questions and the lame convos that Gamestop employees try to muster up during my checkout. I just want the game and to get out.

I totally agree with the gamestop stuff. I just want to get out of there! What sucks is if there is a couple of people ahead of you. You have to listen to their entire spiel and lame convos hoping to get rang up soon.

I know right?! It's so annoying. I'll never forget the first time I took my husband and I took our PS3 back. We just wanted to take it back and get out. They were totally shocked and could not get over that we were taking it back and for whatever reason couldn't understand why were bringing it back. It ended up with us getting peeved, because they would not let it go. I mean they were like, "what? this is an awesome system...blah blah". I ended up just yelling, I like the 360 better. That got them to shut up and everyone else to look, lol. It's like when a customer says they are not happy with something, shut your mouth and give them what they want.

  • Author

my guess is it's done in error and they're not supposed to daisy chain like that.

It's NOT done in error dude. Trust me, I've checked and double checked, which is why I keep going back there! It's absolutely nuts.

In fact, even after all that above I STILL have another $20 coupon hanging out in my wallet to put towards my next purchase, whatever that may be. :D

I know right?! It's so annoying. I'll never forget the first time I took my husband and I took our PS3 back. We just wanted to take it back and get out. They were totally shocked and could not get over that we were taking it back and for whatever reason couldn't understand why were bringing it back. It ended up with us getting peeved, because they would not let it go. I mean they were like, "what? this is an awesome system...blah blah". I ended up just yelling, I like the 360 better. That got them to shut up and everyone else to look, lol. It's like when a customer says they are not happy with something, shut your mouth and give them what they want.

Yeah gamestop has a weird return policy. My brother-in-law had a similar problem. He bought an Arcade system but never opened it. He took it back to upgrade to the Final Fantasy version that he found out about after the fact which was more money for gamestop but the kid running the store at the time said he could not exchange a console. He said it was not allowed or something. He had to go to another gamestop to get someone else to exchange it. The person who finally did it for him said he has no idea why he was told he could not bring it back. Just a lack of communication all around.

I usually buy from Gamestop but I rarely get new releases or any special deals. Gamestop is just the most convient place for me to get something instantly rather than wait for Amazon to mail it. I don't mind the employees trying to "Up Sell" the bill with "pre order this or blah blah that." I know they are required to do that and could loose their job if they didn't. The mall Tam and I go to has a Gamestop in it but that's really it for anything close. Best Buy, Kmart, Target, (I refuse to enter a Walmart) are all an extra 10-15 minute drive and that mall is the one Tam likes so we go there. I also hate people so if I can avoid buying something in the store and getting it from Amazon or using Gamefly's used section or "Keep It" I'll do that instead.

wish i had something similar lol..

Closest thing i got to me is my video store where they sell a handfull of new games and used copies.

Then for a 5 minute drive, i got the shopping mall with Ebgames and a zellers *canadian crap*

then for a 20 minute drive, i got an awesome store where they have everything.... and i meane vertything from atarai to 360/Ps3 .... last i went there, they had final fantasy 1 & 2 on the original nintendo.

Best thing bout that store, if they dont have the game you want, you can place an order with them for them to find it for you.

My friend placed a search for the legend of dragoon.. got a call back 2 days latter saying they found a copy and put it in the backstore for her...

love that place. xD

meh, the one where i live is crap.

people dont know what they are doing half the time

and its usually an old lady taking care of the game section...

It's always hard when the people working there aren't very good .. I miss Canadian Tire too .. I don't even know why, 25 years and I never bought anything from there.

  • Author

meh, the one where i live is crap.

people dont know what they are doing half the time

and its usually an old lady taking care of the game section...

LoL I agree that the people (at Kmart) are usually clueless. Hell, the guy there when I was buying Vanquish and Enslaved was adamant that there was no $30 off those other games with the purchase of Vanquish and kept telling me that it's "not in the circular this week".

I just kept telling him to ring it up and see what happens. Lo and behold, it worked. The dude didn't know what to say.

Also, when I went there to buy Castlevania I got sick of waiting at the electronics counter (no one was there), so i walked around the register, picked up the phone and started pushing the intercom buttons till I heard it beep on the overhead PA and started to announce "Can I get a cashier to electronics please?" Waited about two minutes, no one came, did it again and finally some girl came back there asking what I was doing. hahaha

...Also, when I went there to buy Castlevania I got sick of waiting at the electronics counter (no one was there), so i walked around the register, picked up the phone and started pushing the intercom buttons till I heard it beep on the overhead PA and started to announce "Can I get a cashier to electronics please?" Waited about two minutes, no one came, did it again and finally some girl came back there asking what I was doing. hahaha

lol. I had to do this in the Walmart paint section one time. They have some very cheap paint but they rarely have employees back there to help. Had to hit the intercom and tell them to get back there.

On the Kmart side, I haven't shopped there in awhile. They do have some random crazy deals from time to time though.

  • Author

lol. I had to do this in the Walmart paint section one time. They have some very cheap paint but they rarely have employees back there to help. Had to hit the intercom and tell them to get back there.

On the Kmart side, I haven't shopped there in awhile. They do have some random crazy deals from time to time though.

Random? It's been like this every week for about a month and a half now!

And yes, it was empowering and very fun to get on the intercom in the store and request a cashier. LoL The dude behind me was laughing and asking what I was doing and I kept reassuring him I was getting help.

That's a sick deal, I don't even know where the closest kmart to me is. The only reason I go to gamestop is because it's legit down the street from me.

Giving incentives for new titles is nothing new... at my work on some new titles we were giving up to $20 gift cards (which were good for ANYTHING in the store) , what's unusual is the rate they're giving out those coupons. That's usually a sign that they need sales bad enough to gouge that deep to get customers back. My guess is it won't last long at that rate, so get it while you can.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.