Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Oh, Stevie

Featured Replies

You know PK .. for some one that hates Apple and Jobs so much you certainly pay attention to what they are doing. .. ZING!!biggrin.gif

I like Apple's business plan of "This is what we sell and if you don't like it .. go somewhere else." I don't really agree with the quote: "We think many customers are getting tired of being told what to think by Apple," I think people are missing the point of that company and businesses tend to fail when they listen to their customers 100% and try to offer everything to everyone. Too much consumer input can be dangerous and harmful. I've seen restaurants fail because they try to offer TOO many options rather than focus on a few that they do well.

Plus, last I heard Apple owns 80% of the mobile computer market and is now the wealthiest company (most money in the bank) in America. Worth more than McDonalds, Disney, and Walmart. So I think Steve's business attitude works just fine. If you don't like what Apple has, there are plenty of very very good products for out there that will suit your needs.

Lack of flash sucked on phones. I wouldn't bother with a tablet 'puter without it.

You know PK .. for some one that hates Apple and Jobs so much you certainly pay attention to what they are doing. .. ZING!!biggrin.gif

I like Apple's business plan of "This is what we sell and if you don't like it .. go somewhere else." I don't really agree with the quote: "We think many customers are getting tired of being told what to think by Apple," I think people are missing the point of that company and businesses tend to fail when they listen to their customers 100% and try to offer everything to everyone. Too much consumer input can be dangerous and harmful. I've seen restaurants fail because they try to offer TOO many options rather than focus on a few that they do well.

Plus, last I heard Apple owns 80% of the mobile computer market and is now the wealthiest company (most money in the bank) in America. Worth more than McDonalds, Disney, and Walmart. So I think Steve's business attitude works just fine. If you don't like what Apple has, there are plenty of very very good products for out there that will suit your needs.

PK is too nice to comment on this, but I'm gonna play the asshole here because nothing in your comment is valid. Apple is an EXTREMELY niche market. They sell what they sell because their niche market demands it. They FULLY listen to their consumers and make changes and upgrades based upon those requests. Companies can only succeed by listening to their hardcore customer base. It's a proven fact, hands down. I work for a company that is in the Inc 500 (Not the Fortuane 500 mind you) and even we have to listen to our consumers.

Now on to your "facts". Apple just recently hit the 10% stake in the mobile computing market.They are no where near 80%. They are at roughly 25% of the mobile phone market share.

Any company that can announce what amounts to a netbook for $1000 and nobody scoffs at it, there is a problem with that and they will never be as big a player as you have deluded yourself to thinking they are. Keep in mind that I own 2 iPhones and a Macbook Pro, so I do enjoy their products (Sans the price), however their business practices (As with most big businesses in this country) could use some re-evaluation. Starting with their SUPER smug front man that is put out to the public, that puts his fanboys in a rage if anyone questions their "Immortal Turtleneck Wearing God". Now, go have another drink and do a little research before trying to talk about stuff like this. :)

I blushed and it wasn't even my taint getting ripped.

I agree with the RIM guy. I like the iPhone but Apple as a company is an *******

You should read this Apple Training series book my brother has, normally, all these type books for anything else are fairly dry, but fact filled and still useful.... While reading this, I decided that it was writted by a PR person turned apple fanboy.

As i work at a company that is the largest in the world (not just america) ....didn't see apple anywhere in there either... i have to say i rather hate apple. They may have some good innovations and tech, but they have a habit of strangling their competition in near monopolizing the accessory market. Anytime you remove your competition, you remove the incentive to be creative and innovate, and your company Will become stagnant. Competition is good for business PERIOD. Not too long ago if you put your IPOD into any mp3 docking speaker system that wasn't specifically in apple's good graces, the thing wouldn't even work. The dock connector had an inhibitor that blocked use, and the list just goes on and on. BUT this is my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. So go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, and give me your views... but please bring the facts to back them up, please.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.