October 13, 201015 yr comment_21024 Alright guys, I know everyone is wondering what the heck happened. Basically we moved to a new server at our hosting, which changed our DNS servers slightly. The hosting moved our site, but left a copy on the old server as a backup. The DNS didn't update correctly for everyone and in some cases bounced back and forth for people. Basically we were running 2 instances of the site and forum. I've been in contact with them all weekend working on the issue and I am in hopes that we have things resolved or in the process of being resolved.I have backups of all of our old posts and will be working tonight to get everything restored from both instances of the forum. In that time frame, you may see posts appear that you thought were lost. Hopefully this answers any questions you may have, if not just shoot me an email or PM and I'll respond as quickly as I can. Thanks for your understanding everyone! Report
October 14, 201015 yr Author comment_21205 After days of work, it appears we are back in business. I want to thank everyone for bearing with us and understanding these things happen.At this point, it looks like it truly was a combination of DNS not updating correctly AND the old server still being setup to receive incoming traffic. It appears that all of the places I can ping from and do trace routes have the correct IP information now and everyone I've checked with that was having problems can get in now.All that said, it looks like, any posts from the old server that were made during the weirdness will be lost without pouring hours and hours of work in to changing quite a few lines of code and hoping it would work after that. Doing a count, it looks like it was about 15 to 20 posts that were lost. Out of the 20,000 total posts we have, that really isn't that many (Better than the last outage honestly). Hopefully everyone feels like they have gotten full disclosure on the issues. This is your place and I don't want to NOT tell you guys what's going on. As I said before, shoot me a PM or an email if you have any questions. Thanks again for understanding everyone! Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21206 After days of work, it appears we are back in business. I want to thank everyone for bearing with us and understanding these things happen.At this point, it looks like it truly was a combination of DNS not updating correctly AND the old server still being setup to receive incoming traffic. It appears that all of the places I can ping from and do trace routes have the correct IP information now and everyone I've checked with that was having problems can get in now.All that said, it looks like, any posts from the old server that were made during the weirdness will be lost without pouring hours and hours of work in to changing quite a few lines of code and hoping it would work after that. Doing a count, it looks like it was about 15 to 20 posts that were lost. Out of the 20,000 total posts we have, that really isn't that many (Better than the last outage honestly). Hopefully everyone feels like they have gotten full disclosure on the issues. This is your place and I don't want to NOT tell you guys what's going on. As I said before, shoot me a PM or an email if you have any questions. Thanks again for understanding everyone!For my feelings on this, please see the nice picture I posted in the welcome back thread in your honor. I can deal with some lost posts. You've worked hard man. And I KNEW it had to be something with two sets of servers. It could tell because it kept bouncing between the two versions of the forums. Anyways, you're awesome Mr. Spawn! Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21208 I think you did as good as a person can in notifying us. Hard to keep updates when the users are bouncing between two servers.Glad it was resolved without changing hosts. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21209 Yeah, you did a good job on keeping us updated, considering what was happening. I really appreciate all the work you've put in, man. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21229 Still having some small issues. I made a NEW topic in the handheld section and it pulled in a whole crapload of other posts. It was very weird. See for yourself if you'd like, it's the DS Art Academy one I just made. I ended up editing the top post to put what I made up at the top. it was very strange Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21233 Wow it just happened AGAIN!I made a thread about the Monday Night Combat thread and look what happened! Same thing with my Art Academy thread!!http://www.gamercide.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1822-monday-night-combat-title-update-patch-goes-live/ Report
October 14, 201015 yr Author comment_21240 It's because of the import I tried last night. I'm just going to mod the new threads until all the kinks work out. If anyone wants to help, feel free. Any posts that don't belong, just delete them for now. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21242 It's because of the import I tried last night. I'm just going to mod the new threads until all the kinks work out. If anyone wants to help, feel free. Any posts that don't belong, just delete them for now.Ok, no problem. I'll just go ahead and clean out the weirdness. Just wanted to let you know dude. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21243 Cannot delete the first posts. I'll just edit them I suppose. Report
October 14, 201015 yr comment_21298 I dont really understand teh technical stuff u just said as I'm relativly techno-tarded but glad everythings sorted, thank u for for your hard work spawn. Report
October 15, 201015 yr comment_21300 Just so you all know he was up till 2 on a worknight working on this. Report
October 15, 201015 yr Author comment_21301 Just so you all know he was up till 4 on a worknight working on this.Fixed that for you. Report
October 19, 201015 yr Author comment_21611 Alright guys. Looks like everything is back to normal. If anyone has any more issues be sure to let me know. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.