Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Firefighters Let Home Burn, B/c Of Unpaid Bill

Featured Replies

Aren't we human? Don't we do things for other humans that are nice and caring? I'm telling you, the whole "motivated by money" attitude in this world is starting to annoy the piss out of me.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under US law animals and pets are considered property and NOT family. So that stats on burning animals is the same as burning TV's, stoves, rugs, blinds, and such and such. Pets don't mean **** when it comes to properties value.

Be a human being. Do the right thing. Bill his *** later, and if he doesn't pay up, then start levying fines and make his life a little harder for being a dumbass. No way could I stand idly by while someone's pets are burning to death and their home goes up in cinders.

This. Whatever it comes down to, this was wrong. They cost this mans home, his life, his posessions and animals all for a mere 75$. 75$? Is it that worth ruining a person's life?

Under US law animals and pets are considered property and NOT family. So that stats on burning animals is the same as burning TV's, stoves, rugs, blinds, and such and such. Pets don't mean **** when it comes to properties value.

Click

And they just stood by watering down the neighbors' yards while those kittens burned to death because you didn't pay your $75 bill. Would you really be okay with that?

Under US law animals and pets are considered property and NOT family. So that stats on burning animals is the same as burning TV's, stoves, rugs, blinds, and such and such. Pets don't mean **** when it comes to properties value.

well, i was just curios how fast they burned, wether they die from smoke inhalation or burns, how long they scream for.....

They should of saved the house anyway. Make him pay later, sure. And to let his pets die too, just because he didn't pay $75?

Should be about being decent human beings, not whether or not he payed.

Oh believe me guys .. there's no one here that loves animals more than I do. I even have a couple emergency carriers (with food and water) in the closet incase we need to get Kirby and the girls out of the house fast. I even know how to get a horse out of a burning barn. But our personal feelings towards pets does not change the law, and I'm not allowed to vote in the is country so there isn't a politician on any level that cares what I think. Unfortunately pets (in the USA) are considered property. It became very apparent during Katrina how the law thinks of animals. Many people had to abandon their pets because they were not allowed to take them during federal evacuations. I don't think it's right but there's nothing I can do to change that.

Its easy for us to make comments about what we would/could do without actually being face to face in that situation. What Chris cleared up for all of us is that trailers are so poorly constructed they go up in flames in minutes and those animals were likely dead before the fire department even got there. You don't have to answer this question, just think about it . . . but would risk your life and the future of your family to rescue the pets some one who you didn't even know? It's a tough question and one I don't think some one can answer truthfully because standing infront of a huge blazing fire might make you change your mind.

Also if this guy is trying to use his dead pets as martyrs .. why then, did he not try to get them out of the house before it was too late. Or ask his grandson that burnt the place down to maybe open the door so the animals could get out on their own if they weren't too terrified.

Anyone here that believes its unethical to think of your pet as properties and something less than part of your family I suggest you start to lobby your congress.

. What Chris cleared up for all of us is that trailers are so poorly constructed they go up in flames in minutes and those animals were likely dead before the fire department even got there.

I wasn't trying to be heartless about it either. And I'm not saying that all trailers are poorly constructed, but looking at the facts I can assure everyone that the trailer without a single doubt in my mind would have been a total loss before the fire department even got there.

- No local fire dept, which greatly increases response time of the firemen

- Rural area which means no fire hydrants within 500ft of the home

- Trailers, no matter the year constructed or quality of them, will generally be declared a complete burn/total loss within 5 minutes of the fire catching in the home. I know this from my 10+ years in the insurance business. In comparison, it's really not that much longer for a "normal" stick/frame built home, but trailers do get destroyed very quickly.

I wonder if the guy HAD paid the $75, and the Fire Dept responded and were unable to save the home would he still act the same way and blame them?

I do feel bad about the pets though. You would think the family would have gotten the pets out while the son was trying to put out the fire that had caught on the SHED before it spread to the home.

*shrugs*

I'm not trying to be heartless either .. just stating facts. I knew trailers were put together quickly but I had no idea they could completely burn down in 5 to 10 minutes. So there is a pretty damn good chance anything inside would have died by then.

Turn your hose a few feet the other way. That's not any more or less risky. I wouldn't expect them to make an entry just for pets but just re aiming the hose?

From a

Good

Safe

Distance

No less.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.