September 17, 201016 yr comment_19267 Went for a job interview at Panera bread this morning (aka paradise cafe, st. louis bread co.) and I go hired on the spot. I start tomorrow. I'm so excited because I was struggling so hard working off commission at Macy's Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19268 i read an article about them where they set up a prototype store where you name your own price and pay what you can. they hope people's generosity outweighs people not paying anything. Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19271 LoL I'm one of those jerks sometimes (it all depends on the situation/product/person) who will pay like $0.02 when I come across stuff like that. Good job though Ava! Now go make me a sammich gosh darnit! Report
September 17, 201016 yr Author comment_19272 Haha that's what I'll be doing. They hired me on as a sammich maker. I told them that was a wise choice because I am a woman., The guy doing the interview cracked up. Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19273 What are you still doing here? I'm hungry and am expecting my sammiches shortly! Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19275 You go girl! Now let's celebrate by getting drunk tonight. I already picked up a twelve pack of Sam Adam's just for the occasion. Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19284 Makes me hungry...Congratz on the new job. I love Panera. Report
September 17, 201016 yr comment_19291 Kudos on the new job, Avahra.Are you completely done with EMT work? Report
September 19, 201016 yr Author comment_19415 PK- I haven't realyl decided. Most of the EMT jobs out here REQUIRE bilingualism which I don't have yet so it's been hard finding a job anyhow. Report
September 19, 201016 yr comment_19439 No I did NOT get my sammich yet. I am a sad panda, and Ava is SLACKING. LoL Report
September 19, 201016 yr comment_19440 PK- I haven't realyl decided. Most of the EMT jobs out here REQUIRE bilingualism which I don't have yet so it's been hard finding a job anyhow.Bummer deal. I just figured EMT's had medical coverage and other benefits. Lo siento. =\ Report
September 19, 201016 yr comment_19443 No I did NOT get my sammich yet. I am a sad panda, and Ava is SLACKING. LoLyou should totally put in a complaint Report
September 20, 201016 yr comment_19493 Congratulations! They don't have Panera up here but when I visited Florida I went there. Pretty high end stuff they got. Report
September 21, 201016 yr Author comment_19615 Oh they do, I'm sure. And from the sounds of it most of the hospials out here will pay for your schooling (etc) but alas, my spanish needs work.I've only gone through one day of orientation but from what I've experienced so far I think I'm going to enjoy the job. The manager seems pretty chill, and since all the employee's he's hiring are going to be opening a new store there's going ot be room for management positions, ans I just so happen to have some experience in that field, hardy har har Report
September 22, 201016 yr comment_19677 getting in at ground level is always a great opportunity. it's easy to shine. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.