Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Dead Rising 2: Case West

Featured Replies

Well, it turns out the leaked blurry image of Chuck and what appears to be Frank, fighting side by side that PK posted, is real!

At Capcom's Tokyo Game Show press briefing Dead Rising made an unexpected appearance. Dead Rising 2 isn't even out, yet Capcom is already talking about what comes next.

Dead Rising: Case West is an epilogue that takes place after the events in Dead Rising 2. In this act, Chuck, Dead Rising 2's star, will team up with Frank West, the protagonist from Dead Rising 1. Like Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Case West is a download-only title. It will also only be available on Xbox 360. Sorry, PlayStation fans.

casewest530.jpg

Source

I was really thinking about maybe getting Halo Reach now and put off Dead Rising 2 for a little while(at least until I would have to cash to buy it, which would be probably a month after it comes out)....but dammit, FRANK HAS COVERED WARS YOU KNOW.

  • Author

They just released the trailer. I can't explain how awesome this is, FRANK WEST FTW.

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic04GdHWmc?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic04GdHWmc?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic04GdHWmc?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

  • Author

I hate to say this, but that trailer is terrible. It's cool it has Frank West in it, but it was done so badly. lol

Yea, I agree. The only saving grace is Frank's one line.

So, triple fail whammy in my book. Basically DLC before the game is even out, on top of a prologue, plus exclusivity. That couldn't have irritated me more had they tried.

While I agree with you that it kind of sucks that Case West is a separate game, when it should be a DLC or in the game, since it's an epilogue, I think Case Zero was a good idea. It takes place 3 years before the game, so it's more of a prequel, and you don't need to play Dead Rising 2 to understand it.

Check out my review. :)

http://www.gamercide...ng-2-case-zero/

I really don't understand the hype on this game. The first one for me was just an exercise in frustration. Open sandbox zombie killing was cool but the timed element and the lack of saving options just ruined it for me. Can anyone explain why this is such a great title when they repeated those "mistakes" in DR2?

I really don't understand the hype on this game. The first one for me was just an exercise in frustration. Open sandbox zombie killing was cool but the timed element and the lack of saving options just ruined it for me. Can anyone explain why this is such a great title when they repeated those "mistakes" in DR2?

Chuck has an overactive bladder and can save more often.

Chuck has an overactive bladder and can save more often.

More often? Like how much more? Have you seen the lines of zombies outside every restroom in Vegas? LOL. There's still the time limit craziness....

It wouldn't be Dead Rising if there wasn't time constraints.

Frankly(lolpun) im glad they still have that and the same save system(albiet there are more bathrooms in 2 than one). The only things that were wrong with 1 for me was the aiming(fixed!), really bad survivor AI(fixed!), not so great controls(fixed!), and not so great boss battles, gameplay wise(maybe not fixed, we will see).

Anyway, I'm willing to bet MS had a hand at the epilogue being DLC, being a 360 exclusive and all. I'll wait and see how long it takes for it to actually come out before I start complaining(who am I kidding though, I'll buy it day one anyway).

It wouldn't be Dead Rising if there wasn't time constraints.

Frankly(lolpun) im glad they still have that and the same save system(albiet there are more bathrooms in 2 than one). The only things that were wrong with 1 for me was the aiming(fixed!), really bad survivor AI(fixed!), not so great controls(fixed!), and not so great boss battles, gameplay wise(maybe not fixed, we will see).

Anyway, I'm willing to bet MS had a hand at the epilogue being DLC, being a 360 exclusive and all. I'll wait and see how long it takes for it to actually come out before I start complaining(who am I kidding though, I'll buy it day one anyway).

I'll buy case zero then make my judgement...As much as I appreciate your input on this, it's not much of an argument for how amesome it is...lol..Know what I mean? I'm not trying to be a jerk here or anything...It just seems that way...:dots: New controls sounds good tho' I'll admit...

So, call me a crazy if you want, but what is the big deal with Frank West? He is nowhere in the top game protagonist and the game, as TC said, was more frustrating than fun. Heck, at this point do we even need a retail Dead Rising 2 game? Just release 3 or 4 episodic games at $5 each and call it a day.

  • Author

So, call me a crazy if you want, but what is the big deal with Frank West? He is nowhere in the top game protagonist and the game, as TC said, was more frustrating than fun. Heck, at this point do we even need a retail Dead Rising 2 game? Just release 3 or 4 episodic games at $5 each and call it a day.

Well, its just simply the fact this game clicks with a lot of people. Its not some huge blockbuster, but its in a lot of people's top 10 list. As far as Frank West goes, he has turned into a mini meme. The whole covered wars thing has been turned into a meme as well. He is just a cool character that Dead Rising players got attached to.

I will be the first to say Dead Rising has its faults, but a lot, if not most, of those problems have been fixed in Dead Rising 2 if Case Zero is any proof. I really didn't find Dead Rising frustrating as much as I did unique. The whole 72 hours to finish the game is unique, and not many developers do it. If the time runs out, the game ends regardless, it adds a sense of dread and frantic type gameplay. It makes the situation more realistic (if that's possible), to feel like you only have so much time to do all of this before it all ends.

That's my 2 cents.

I thought Case Zero was fun but I fear this game will be frustrating to play after awhile. The aiming is horrible in this game. I want to love it but to me the whole thing just lacks polish. We shall see though.

I watched some vids of DR1 just for fun. I saw him running around. He goes through a door, loading screen. He walks down a hallway and goes through another door, loading screen again. He gets something and has to go back through these doors to get back. Loading screens! I hope I am not watching loading screens more than actually playing the game in DR2.

I thought the aiming was fine in case zero, if you want horrible aiming you should download the Dead Rising 1 demo.

As for the loading, I don't really think it will be a problem, I suppose there was a good bit of loading in Dead Rising 1, but it's not like the area's that you were in were small and barren, they were all filled with re spawning zombie hordes and tons of weapons.

It wouldn't be Dead Rising if there wasn't time constraints.

Frankly(lolpun) im glad they still have that and the same save system(albiet there are more bathrooms in 2 than one). The only things that were wrong with 1 for me was the aiming(fixed!), really bad survivor AI(fixed!), not so great controls(fixed!), and not so great boss battles, gameplay wise(maybe not fixed, we will see).

Anyway, I'm willing to bet MS had a hand at the epilogue being DLC, being a 360 exclusive and all. I'll wait and see how long it takes for it to actually come out before I start complaining(who am I kidding though, I'll buy it day one anyway).

Here we go, I want to know how in the heck would it not be dead rising without a time limit. I've seen that so many times, but nobody can say why except the first one had one. I mean really how hard is it to just not put in a timer. And here is an idea that would work for both sides, have all the missions timed but once completed freeze the timer so you can roam around. Easy as that, time limit has nothing to do with the first game except it had it, they coudl do away with your watch have a real life day night cycle, and just tell you it's 8:00pm in a cutscene if they have to.

Simple, your not supposed to be able to do everything in one play through.

That answer is a cop out. There is absolutely no good reason you SHOULDN'T be able to do everything in one play through.

The time limit and "not supposed to be able to do everything in one play through" is a tactic used to give the allusion of more playtime. Manufacturing extra game play time by enacting a time limit is as lame a trick as Devil May Cry 4 pulled by having you play through the exact same levels twice only with a slightly different character.

It sounds to me like you just don't like Dead Rising. It's like not being able to move and shoot in Resident Evil, or not being able to aim down the sights in Halo, or not being able to jump in Gears of War. It's just what makes that series that series, and you either like it or you don't.

Personally I enjoy exploring and making choices of whether to run around killing zombies to level up, or go and see if I can rescue some survivors, or just searching for new and better weapons. If this is cheap trick to add on to how many hours you will get out of it in a review, then it's the best damn one I've seen.

It sounds to me like you just don't like Dead Rising. It's like not being able to move and shoot in Resident Evil, or not being able to aim down the sights in Halo, or not being able to jump in Gears of War. It's just what makes that series that series, and you either like it or you don't.

Personally I enjoy exploring and making choices of whether to run around killing zombies to level up, or go and see if I can rescue some survivors, or just searching for new and better weapons. If this is cheap trick to add on to how many hours you will get out of it in a review, then it's the best damn one I've seen.

That is the thing though, changing something to a game doesn't mean anything. If Halo decided to let you aim down your sites would it not be Halo? I mean come on. Besides it's only Dead Rising 2, it's not like there are 3 or 4 of them. Sequels are suppose to fix and change things from the original, there are plenty of games that have done that. Here is a great example for you, Call of Duty. They went from Call of Duty WW2, to Call of Duty Modern, people said it isn't the same, but what happened, it got better. Far Cry, the original was just Jack Carver fighting in the jungle, then Extinction came out, which gave Jack Carver feral abilities then Far Cry 2 came out and it was about some random Merc in Africa, still the same series and all of them had huge differences. I mean so a time limit doesn't seem like it matters all that much. Honestly they could have certain timed missions and it would make more sense. I mean seriously having 5 or 6 endings to a game should be enough reason to play through several times, I mean I played ME2 3 or 4 times and it wasn't timed just to see all the different choices, so really a time limit still doesn't make much sense and I still have yet to hear a legit excuse to why it wouldn't be dead rising without one. Don't get me wrong I loved Dead Rising, but the timer just makes it seem dated and more of a pain in the *** then "fun".

Devil May Cry 4 pulled by having you play through the exact same levels twice only with a slightly different character.

That really frustrated me.

It's also like Ninja Blade (which was actually pretty cool in a cheesy sort of way), where it just recycled every single boss fight just to add a few more levels towards the end of the game.

I'll settle this for everyone. GET FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS! LoL Much more replay value in my opinion. I'll probably rent DR2.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.