September 2, 201016 yr comment_17864 Dateranoth has found a nice solution for any of us who wants to stream live. It's incredibly easy and the people who run it, are willing to work with us on our portal.This is where you all come in. Give us feedback on the sorts of options/features you'd like to see there.Combined chat with stream is one we will already be asking for.Here are some streams for you to check out, so you can get an idea for feedback.Dat'shttp://dyyno.com/channel/dateranothAssassin'shttp://dyyno.com/channel/assassinVocalshttp://www.dyyno.com/channel/vocalsHere's a mockup that the hosts made up for us. This is essentially what a channel in our portal would look like, once made for us.We want to get this started soon, so please give us some feedback. Thanks, guys! Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17872 I setup a stream of my own that seems to work better over my wireless connection than JTV. Next time I'm on, I'll put my info in this thread and we'll get some folks in to watch me stream Minecraft. Report
September 2, 201016 yr Author comment_17879 The loading screens. They're terrible. I also dislike the "download later" link that I need to bypass by clicking, before a stream will load. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17881 so i need an actual camera to broadcast here if it just on my computer screen? or am i just missing something here? Report
September 2, 201016 yr Author comment_17882 so i need an actual camera to broadcast here if it just on my computer screen? or am i just missing something here?You can stream pretty much any PC screen. Don't need a camera, either.Sign up and download the app. Drag the "D" in the application to the window you want to stream. Bam! Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17883 You can stream pretty much any PC screen. Don't need a camera, either.Sign up and download the app. Drag the "D" in the application to the window you want to stream. Bam!i did that. and then i went to my stream to see if it was working but it wouldnt load. Report
September 2, 201016 yr Author comment_17884 You were in chat with us. Should have told one of us to check it out. lol Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17885 You were in chat with us. Should have told one of us to check it out. loli didnt think that far through lol Report
September 2, 201016 yr Author comment_17893 I'll give it a shotCool. Just so you know, that's not how it's going to look after our portal goes up. So, you will probably have to start over down the line. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17897 I watched Assassin streaming GoW on PSP last night. Pretty cool. Wonder how he was doing it too. He must have one of the new PSPs that have the video out feature.Sadly, (or not sadly, depending on how you look at the situation) I have one of the original PSP-1000s I bought at launch. Even though it's missing a few features I like the weight of it (metal case as opposed to the newer plasticy ones), and I can use a larger battery without it being pregnant on the back. Plus the PSP-1000s are easier to hack/downgrade/homebrew on. *shrugs*I'll check this out more some other time when I get the chance. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17910 I like how easy it is to stream PC games, I just dont like that it goes to a black screen everytime you minimize the game or open a new window but I can live with it. Report
September 4, 201016 yr comment_18082 Regarding the chat box, rest assured that it will be placed next to the stream so that viewers can immediately join the chat room and talk to each other as well as the broadcaster. Please see one of our portals – www.tie.org/videos , where the chat box is next to the stream. We will basically create a portal for you, which can be embedded on your website and can have a domain name that you want. Again, the link provided above is an example of the same, where we have created the portal and the videos are hosted on our server but the domain name is tie.org/videos.There's the info I've received back so far. I am going to have another talk with them on Tuesday to get some more detail on our other issues. Such as preroll add length etc. Keep in mind that its the dyyno chat next to the example listed above, but they mentioned twitter/andor facebook enabled chat module is coming in the next couple of weeks. Report
September 4, 201016 yr Author comment_18084 Will there be a way to have a registered chat? When you join the chat they have now, you can enter in any name you want. Report
September 6, 201016 yr comment_18219 Will there be a way to have a registered chat? When you join the chat they have now, you can enter in any name you want.That will be the only way to chat once our portal is live. You have to sign up to chat. As far as I know there will be limited moderation, but there will at least be the opportunity to ban/delete accounts. So they will have to make an entire new username and go through the registration process again. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18228 I will be having one more discussion with these guys tomorrow around 7pm EST. If there are any more questions, let me know now. I would like to iron things out and get the contract moving tomorrow if everything is satisfactory. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18230 I can stream if Dat would ever show me how lol. I need clips for something I'm doing in the next few days. I could stream as I attempt to get clips. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18231 I need to start gaming more on the PC once I do, I'll probably start streaming. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18233 I can stream if Dat would ever show me how lol. I need clips for something I'm doing in the next few days. I could stream as I attempt to get clips.Just PM me a time you want to try and we'll get it set up. It's pretty easy, especially with the dyyno broadcaster. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18260 If all works out well, I will probally cast a movie from time to time, but mostly PC games. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18278 Locked this thread and started a new one. The portal will be going live soon.http://www.gamercide...reaming-portal/ Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.