April 7, 201016 yr comment_1976 8) Speaking of Just Cause 2, check out the mag tetherIn Just Cause 2, you can connect any two things. In Crackdown 2, you can connect any (insert high number here) things. When I asked the limit on the number of mag tethers, Ruffian's Martin Livingston just shrugged and kept firing them. This weapon creates an elastic electromagnetic link between two objects. Livingston quickly set up a slingshot by using a pair of mag tethers to suspend a car between two buildings. He then picked up the car, pulled it back, and let go, smacking it into a bunch of bad guys taking cover around a bus. Then he mag tethered a bunch of cars together and hooked them onto a dump truck. He drove down the street with a string of bouncing cars behind him as if they were the tin cans behind a newlywed couple's limo. Finally, for good measure, he detonated the mag tethers. Because, of course, they're also explosives.Phucking bam!http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/04/ten_reasons_to_be_totally_psyc.php Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1981 8) Speaking of Just Cause 2, check out the mag tetherIn Just Cause 2, you can connect any two things. In Crackdown 2, you can connect any (insert high number here) things. When I asked the limit on the number of mag tethers, Ruffian's Martin Livingston just shrugged and kept firing them. This weapon creates an elastic electromagnetic link between two objects. Livingston quickly set up a slingshot by using a pair of mag tethers to suspend a car between two buildings. He then picked up the car, pulled it back, and let go, smacking it into a bunch of bad guys taking cover around a bus. Then he mag tethered a bunch of cars together and hooked them onto a dump truck. He drove down the street with a string of bouncing cars behind him as if they were the tin cans behind a newlywed couple's limo. Finally, for good measure, he detonated the mag tethers. Because, of course, they're also explosives.Phucking bam!http://fidgit.com/ar...otally_psyc.phpFreaking Awesome! lol, this is gonna be over the top for sure. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_1984 Seriously. I may pre-order it right now. The pre-order bonus looks pretty lame. Gold, brushed, red and blue metal suits to wear. They don't mention any extra thing they may do. Just cosmetic it seems. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1988 Had any of you read the GI article I posted about Crackdown 2 you may have already known about the mag grenades last year. They sound like they will be freaking awesome! And there's four player co-op! And helicopters! I can't wait for this game. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2005 I'm just expressing discontent that no one bothers to read my scans anymore. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_2006 Are you saying that mag grenades are tethers? Maybe I should have looked at those scans. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2010 Are you saying that mag grenades are tethers? Maybe I should have looked at those scans.If I remember right they were saying that you can connect multiple things together, even make car ladders on the side of buildings or something. Don't know if they specifically mentioned the ladder thing, but I would totally do that LOL. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_2014 But the real star of the show was the new MAG grenade, which is a sticky remote-detonated grenade that has the ability to tether objects together with a beam of electricity. You can throw one on a car, then another on a building, and watch as the car flings toward that building and dangles from it, which you can then detonate remotely. But for real fun, you can chain together even more objects to create an explosive chain of cars, people, buildings, or whatever you might find in the world. Ruffian even showed how you can tether a gas canister to the ground, shoot off the cap, and watch it fly around like a self-propelled rocket going in circles. It was quite a sight. http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6230379/crackdown-2-first-look Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2016 Yep. While they didn't specifically say they exploded back then, they were probably still in development:And car ladder ftmfw! Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_2017 Yeah, still didn't read it. Answered it myself.I'm kidding about not reading it. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2018 Yeah, still didn't read it. Answered it myself.I'm kidding about not reading it.[gg]Boy I tell ya.[/gg] Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2038 I'll be to busy with Red Dead.You do know its not based on 'Brokeback Mountain' right? Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2043 Crackdown 2! I can't wait for this game, it comes out the day after my birthday, which is going to be awesome! I saw the video of the gas canister turned into a rocket. There was a larger part to it where they did that to a bunch of canisters and they went flying everywhere. The guy playing actually dodged a few by a little bit, but he almost ate a rocket in there. I loved the original and played that game to death...even beat it on the psychotic difficulty. With 4 player co-op AND 16 player online....This game may very well be the addiction for us during the summer drought. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2049 Wow all this sounds great. I shall add this to my list of potential buys. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2058 Woo! I really liked the first Crackdown, I'll probably be getting this one. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2080 dammit i messed around soo much with the first game, some of the stupidest stuff was fun as hell, from 100 mile an hour agency semi hoedown, and trying to kill people with a rubber ducky and keeping it away from my co-op partner. I remember seeing the tethering in a 1up video I saw a while back. Then at the end he proceded to fill a smoke stack with cars and explosives and blow it all off into the sky. I was quite pleased.. Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2081 Not too sure on Crackdown 2 just yet. They said there's going to be a demo didn't they? Report
April 8, 201016 yr Author comment_2082 I like pressing Y while you're in a fast car and spawning a ramp truck and glitching halfway across the map. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.