Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Remember....halo

Featured Replies

Time for another article. Obviously you can tell from the title what it is about.

With Halo Reach releasing on Sept. 14 I am going to look back at the series and all things Halo.

For your comments, I am looking for memories...hence "Remember Halo". It could be something stupid that happened during the campaign or something hilarious that occured during the multiplayer. You can even include your first memories of playing Halo...whatever just nothing negative, because I'm not looking for "this game sucks" or "Master Chief can go suck a peen".

(Bogey, feel free to explain your first orgasm that Master Chief gave you :P)

*Edit....I decided to send this to Bungie and 343 when this is done :)

I remember playing Halo CE over and over again with my friends, was truly the first fps i played and i fell in love with it. played the entire campaign on legendary from day one and we beat that game like it was nothing. i still remember the last lvl, the maw, when the pillar is about to explode and your driving like hell from the flood to get to the escape ship. that was where i finally figured out how to drive the warthog properly lol. halo 2's first lvl was such a pain in the butt on legendary, running into one of the first rooms the covenant landed in and getting mowed down by those two turrets. nothing was more painful than that lvl, but i had a blast getting through it

then there was the online, to with out a doubt in my mind i can say if it were for the halo 2 online i would not own an xbox 360 or an xbox live account. the online had soo many glitches but they were alot of fun to mess around on. the sword sniping, sword canceling, that one time i saw a flying warthog in blood gultch, super bounces and so much more. i was never the best but i could damn well hold my own

the midnight launch for halo 3. ill remember sitting in gamestop bs'ing with everyone for a long time to come. i was so happy when i got my spartan helmet out of the box at home. it was the first halo game i could afford to purchase myself and i was able to get the special edition which made it all the better. stayed up all night playing that game, even got the day off from school and work just so i could play it all day. i was the first one in my school to beat the game on legendary.

i can not wait to get my hands on reach. it will be the one game to truly pull me away from world of warcraft and get me back into console gaming. ive already gotten the day off from work and have no intentions of leaving the house till i finsih reach. its gonna be onee hell of a day

ps feel free to fix any typos haha

First time playing Halo was when i was about 12, we were at a family friends party, and with no other kids my age around the adults just set me up with Halo and i played for almost the entire time i was there but whenever i played a 1 on 1 with anyone they would destroy me.

Later that summer i was staying at my friends house for a week, at this time i didn't have an Xbox original or 360, but my friend did and he had Halo CE, out of that entire week i must have logged over 72 hours on it. This was the only reason i decided to get an Xbox 360 on my 13th birthday and the only game i got with it was Halo 2.

That was only a month and a half before the release of Halo 3 which i picked up on release day. Halo 3 was the game everyone had, and everyone played, yet i was addicted and in a very short time i became the best player out of anyone i knew. I near mastered almost everything to do with Halo 3, getting up to a brigadier in almost no time at all, while finding time to make kick-*** maps in forge I've logged over 3000 matchmaking games and over 4000 custom games.

Before they announced Halo: Reach I had already read Halo The Fall of Reach, and am almost disappointed that i already know whats going to happen, but I'm still counting down the days until release.

I was a late bloomer to the Xbox experience. I was always a Sony girl and was told that the Xbox's graphics sucked and to not get one. Then one day [this was after Halo CE was a $20 game] we got an Xbox at my house. My brothers and I fell in love with the game. Even though our internet sucked and we couldn't play online with people at all for Halo 2, we played the hell outta the multiplayer for that game. Halo CE and Halo 2 made me fall in love with the Xbox and I bought my 360 pretty much just for the launch of Halo 3. So yeah, the Halo series has had a pretty decent influence on my gaming experience. Which has to be one of the reasons that I said I wasn't gonna get Reach but I ended up pre-ordering it yesterday....I <3 Bungie.

First time I played Halo: Combat Evolved I was a little kid at the age of ten years old. Basically fresh out of Chuck E Cheese. My best friends at the time and still to this day said they got this new system called an Xbox and Halo and they wanted me to come over. So I pleaded for my mom to let me play this game since it was rated 'M' and I told her I wouldn't go on a rampage packing heat at my elementary school since it was a videogame. It worked. Later that day, my mom dropped me off and I played Halo for the first time. I stayed the night over there and we had a Halo session all afternoon, all night, and the whole next morning.

I remember Halo was the first game that the bullet rounds exiting the gun after being fired actually landed on the ground and rolled according to the terrain. I literally spent five minutes in a Warthog parked on top of a hill and shot the turret at the sky just to watch the bullets roll down the hill. I was amazed. From then on out, I'm what you can call a Halo fanboy and you guys and gals know how I am. I've only grown to love Halo more since Bungie is really the "lead" developer in community involvement. Online stats came out in 2004 for Halo 2 to check all the details of your games, weapons, etc. on Bungie.net...and there are still developers who don't do this to this day. I honestly don't get it. Theater and file sharing; done in 2007 and yet Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST are the only two games that still have this system.

Bungie has honestly lead the way in community development I believe for the last ten years in the gaming industry, especially with Xbox. Matchmaking revolutionized competitive multiplayer and social multiplayer experiences. Friends could come over and you could all play online against other people from all around the world. Matchmaking, to this day, is the greatest innovation Xbox LIVE has seen. I have no doubts in my mind that without Halo 2, Xbox LIVE would definitely not be as successful as it is.

I look at games like Gears of War 2 and the Call of Duty franchise and I don't understand the concept of getting matched against other players nowhere near your skill level. Bungie developed an amazing system six years ago and has refined it to be, in my opinion, the best online experience to date.

I am deeply saddened that Halo: Reach is Bungie's last Halo title, but I think this is also a great note to end on. They haven't milked the franchise and have pumped out games every year to make a quick buck. They listen to the community, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are respected because of that. I have no grudge towards anyone who doesn't like the Halo games, but it's hard to deny the amount of community support they give. And with that, I will always respect Bungie and ten years down the road, I'm sure developers will be looking at Halo and still breaking it down to how Bungie could always make that "30 seconds of fun" repeat over and over.

First time i played Halo, i was actually watching my negihbour's kids.

They had an xbox and we played halo all night lol, even tho i did suck xD.

I played halo a few times after that, but then Halo 2 came out, i remeber being grounded when my friends called me over to play it with them.

I think i was nearly on my knees asking my parents to unground me for the day lol. Eventually worked, althought im not shure if i convinced them or if they where jsut tired of eharing me.

Eventually got myself my own xbox with some chrismas money, but could'nt get Halo 2, none left, But then came my birthday 2 months later, parents got me halo 2 xD.

TBH, i never had live until the 360. So never realy played Halo 2 live, until i had the 360, but i did played the crap out of it with friends and so on.

Then came the 360, oh joy, i was finally able to play Halo LIVE. i Think i spent a hole dman week doing nearly nothing else but that.

I remeber the first game i played, ended with 20ish kills lol.

Weel, i played the crap out of Halo 2 until Halo 3 came out, or until i got the 3rd game.

I had no job, and no money, so i found myself a job, got some money, i was finally able to gte Halo 3, i remeber walking through bloody snowstorm to deposit my first check and then walking to the game store. lol...

And i have been playing Halo 3 ever since.

I don't even like the game, but I'm LOVING these stories! I'll even put my own.

I played Halo: CE on my computer for the first time back around 2002. My first thought was that it was the best FPS I'd ever played up to that point. I hadn't played a lot of them, and never touched multiplayer. Though I almost finished the entire campaign, if it weren't for my impending drug habit and ultimate hiatus from gaming for 5 years. So yeah, that's my only memory of Halo, since I haven't played 2 or 3, or ODST. I don't want to be late to that party. The next time I played a game was back in Late 2008/Early 2009, when I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas.

halo 3 probably had the best ad campaign i've ever seen.

  • 2 weeks later...

My first experiences with Halo were pretty random. The very first time I played Halo was the Halo: CE demo. It was an old PC demo I downloaded from Microsoft.com. I don't even think they have game demos on Microsoft.com anymore. I thought it was a neat game but didn't think much of it because I only had a PS2. Later on I saw my brother playing Halo 2 and he handed me the controller. As soon as I started playing a guy jumped across some rooftops in front of me and I quickly shot him in the head a couple times with the Battle Rifle and he died in midair before he got to the other side, rag-dolling beautifully. That's when I first got hooked, and when I discovered what my favorite gun was. Afterward I played through Halo: CE and Halo 2's campaigns and was amazed. The games were way ahead of their time. I think one of my favorite parts of the series was actually the music. Marty O'Donnell made some amazing, beautiful music in the series.

I never actually owned Halo: CE or Halo 2, I just played my brother's copies. But then Halo 3 was announced. I bought an Xbox 360 in early 2007 and got into high definition gaming, anticipating Halo 3's release later that year. Months before it came out, I had the $150 Legendary Edition preordered. I sort of justified it by thinking that I had never bought the first two games, and the Legendary bonus disc contained all of the cutscenes from them in movie format, and with optional commentary, which was awesome. Halo 3 quickly became the multiplayer game that I put the most time into, even beating out Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2. I even managed to get all of the achievements in Halo 3. While many of them were done with a cooperating group, I still had to work for them because I was usually the one who organized the achievement matches. I am very proud of my 1750 in Halo 3 and my 1000 in ODST, because I love the series.

Lately I haven't really been able to stick to one game for too long, especially not multiplayer games, but I expect Halo: Reach to change that. I am highly anticipating it's release and have the Limited Edition preordered. I can't wait to play it next week!

I thought the X-Box was a joke. I never thought I'd own one or want one. It was Sony all the way for me. Halo CE changed everything the minute I saw it. I HAD to have Halo and thus had to own an X-Box. Thanks to Halo a whole new world in gaming was opened up to me and I never looked back. Thanks Bungie and Microsoft. My hands still hurt from gripping that damn huge first controller so hard....lol.

I would have to say the infection and shark multi-player games i had a blast playing with my friends. I had never played a fps with this level of customization until then. The campaign was great, the multi-player was fun...... but it was the custom games that defined this series for me.

I loved the first Halo .. Halo 2 was great until about half way through. .. Halo 3 sucked and was really boring. I don't about anything Halo related now. Here is the premise for every Halo game .. go from Point A to Point B killing everything. Then go from Point B to Point C killing everything. Then go from Point C back to Point A killing everything. That's it. Boring.

I loved the first Halo .. Halo 2 was great until about half way through. .. Halo 3 sucked and was really boring. I don't about anything Halo related now. Here is the premise for every Halo game .. go from Point A to Point B killing everything. Then go from Point B to Point C killing everything. Then go from Point C back to Point A killing everything. That's it. Boring.

Yeah man, in light of what Siren is doing here, I believe you totally missed the point. If you don't like the franchise, you shouldn't have responded. Read the original post and think before you post. Sound good? GREAT, glad you understand.

Yeah man, in light of what Siren is doing here, I believe you totally missed the point. If you don't like the franchise, you shouldn't have responded. Read the original post and think before you post. Sound good? GREAT, glad you understand.

aww i wanted to do that :(

Yeah man, in light of what Siren is doing here, I believe you totally missed the point. If you don't like the franchise, you shouldn't have responded. Read the original post and think before you post. Sound good? GREAT, glad you understand.

Yeah I kinda jumped into this with out actually reading it all the way through. Sorry about that guys.

Thanks Kev .. that pretty much sums up how I am. My friends form work used to call me "Hate Stuff"

didn't that guy get blown up durring the trench run on the Death Star ..

.. okay guys .. sorry one more time .. I'm done .. I'll stay out of here.

by the way Siren, great article/idea

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.