April 7, 201016 yr comment_1930 Hey Guys, its been awhile since I was last on here, and in that time some new XBLA games showed up. The new Game Room is a cool new download, but i'm not here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about the N64 port remake of "Perfect Dark".This game came out as part of the XBLA block party event. There were also codes that gave you free avatar items such as :A BBQ gril, and Bing T-shirts (one for male avatars, and one for female avatars). Ill post those later.Perfect Dark for the N64 was an awesome game... but without the expansion pack, you were limited to just the challenges and local multiplayer. If you had the expansion pack, you saw better graphics(that did not slow the game down as compared to Duke Nukem for the N64) a story more with a walkable headquarters. But now Perfect Dark just got a facelift. The New Xbox Live Arcade version includes everything from the N64 version, but with new up to date graphics, a "Counter opperative" mode, and "Online Multiplayer" mode.So far I am liking the remake alot, but I really dont see ppl online much, What are your opinions on this game? Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1932 Love the single player, but a lot of the times there aren't to many people playing online, and online is just more frustrating in this then playing split screen(because of the impossible spawn situations, like your enemy spawns near a Dragon while you spawn in clear sight to far away to grab it, no way at all to get out of that). Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1946 I also love the single player... but I haven't tried the online yet... Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1974 I got the game for nostalgia's sake. Its great to play through it again, especially since I remember all the glitches. The Challenges are still ridiculously hard though. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2044 actually never played it before, i wanted to but my lack of a N64 was an issue, and now my lack of money will be. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2047 I've been playing it consistently at my buddies house on Fridays. We usually set up my xbox and do some 3-player split screen. I have to admit, it's a good feeling to play this game like that, it takes me back to the old days before Xbox Live. I'm definitely enjoying my time with the game, even if others are monopolizing my time. I think Rare handled the port well. It looks good (Way better than the N64 version), runs smooth, has online play, and still maintains it's nostalgic charm....Now if only they would get to work on that Killer Instinct port.... Report
April 8, 201016 yr comment_2111 I have the original on my N64 still. I don't think I'll be getting this though. Just never had the interest in the original. It still looks pretty nice though. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2474 I thought the N64 version already had Counter Operative?I loved Perfect Dark. I'll probably pick it up when (if) I renew my XBL. Report
April 13, 201016 yr Author comment_3116 Yeah it seems already people dont play multiplayer much, either that, or all the lobbys are full so i keep getting matched up with a little kid. So i just spend most of my time playing single player, and multiplayer with friends. Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_3123 We should set up a time for us all to play this in the future... Report
April 14, 201016 yr Author comment_3226 that sounds like fun, as long as its friday, saturday, or sunday night (4.P.M - 9.P.M. central time) I'm in. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now