Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Windows Phone 7

Featured Replies

After seeing this video I have decided that WP7 is my next phone:

That is HOT! It's a Zune + XBLA launchpad + HOTNESS! There's a reason I love my Zune and yet hate my Android.. because my Android has shatty games! I'm a gamer and I need a gamer's phone. Come to pappy!

Looking forward to Oct when I can pick this up.

Also after watching this, I noticed it's funny that the interviewer mentioned Games for Windows Live and the dude is like "What's that? Oh, you must mean Xbox Live for PC". LOL did they rebrand the name? Is the Xbox brand more eyecatching than Windows? Yeesh. Way to go Xbox!

LoL it sucks how LITTLE attention GFWL gets. It COULD work masterfully, just ask Dat about Shadowrun.

Also Universe at War is cross-platform.

I love Dawn of War II (also GFWL).

It's sad! Anyways, that phone does look awesome. I needs me an upgrade too. I wonder if you can use Hulu on it?

i watched most of the vid. did they mention carriers at all?

Hulu? LoL

There is concept apps that are being worked on for Hulu that look really awesome, BUT Hulu is pushing their Hulu+ really hard, so it will more than likely cost to use it. Which sucks hardcore because Hulu+ is about worthless right now.

Damn...It's the one phone OS I'd even consider moving to from iOS. Looks great!

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

So, anyone pick this up? I know one dude who tried and failed.

See, I heard it as $200 with a two year AT&T contract.. which I'm totally on board with. Problem is, I'm already in an AT&T two year contract. You can't verily have TWO two year contracts, I tried. AT&T won't have it. lol.

Thus, the phone costs $500 to me. Once my two year contract expires I'm allowed to have it for normal price. That won't happen for a year!

It's pretty balls-out retarded that people can't just pick up a phone that you love and want to support because you get penalized for being on the network already.

Anyway, there's my rant. Good luck WP7, I hope you can survive your first year without my promotional help.

I'm due a phone upgrade in October time too :D It's LG so its a winner in my book

Huh? Someone turned me into a phone? well, THAT explains the antennae sticking outta my head :P

So, anyone pick this up? I know one dude who tried and failed.

See, I heard it as $200 with a two year AT&T contract.. which I'm totally on board with. Problem is, I'm already in an AT&T two year contract. You can't verily have TWO two year contracts, I tried. AT&T won't have it. lol.

Thus, the phone costs $500 to me. Once my two year contract expires I'm allowed to have it for normal price. That won't happen for a year!

It's pretty balls-out retarded that people can't just pick up a phone that you love and want to support because you get penalized for being on the network already.

Anyway, there's my rant. Good luck WP7, I hope you can survive your first year without my promotional help.

did you ask an AT&T rep? .. I think if you qualify for the upgrade they'll just tack the 2 year contract onto your other contract, but I'm not sure. I'd stop into a couple stores and ask different reps what they think.

I'm still in love with my android, specially after rooting it. The idea of games and music on it at first is cool, but then again, I already have a ds that I hardly use, and a zune for music playing. And I need my phone batter to last as long as it can. It's gonna be a wait and see verdict for me. But I do know this, the more competition, the better innovation.

None of the handsets are as good as they should be right now. They are mid-range and not very good. I'll wait until second quarter of 2011 and see what rolls out then before I get away from the iPhone.

yeah, if it's on verizon, i'll consider it seriously next time, but for now my droid will hold me over.

  • Author
I'd stop into a couple stores and ask different reps what they think.

lol I did this and got the phone for it's original $200. Just had to find someone nice enough to do it. It's mindboggling that they can sell it at such a wide range of prices.

Anyway, I'm happy about it. The phone is ridiculous sexy. It's just sex in phone form.

  • Author

It's unbelievably hot. Even twitting with the official Twitter app is breathtaking. Everything is gorgeous by design. I don't think you're allowed to make an app that isn't sexy.

Right now you can't keyword search apps though. You can only browse categories. Lame, but there's probably not a whole lot of apps atm.

i don't know if it has angry birds, but if it does, get it. what kind of phone did you have?

  • Author

i don't know if it has angry birds, but if it does, get it. what kind of phone did you have?

No Angry Birds yet.. but that game is coming to XBLA so I bet it's headed to WP7 too sooner or later. :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So every day I fall in love with my phone a little more. The intergration of contacts from Facebook is mindblowing. Who needs a SIM card? Not me. Anyone that adds their phone number to Facebook is on my phone instantly.

Also I can make an icon to my son's Facebook profile pics with one click, no browser needed. Cloud based image getting: I like.

The games are stupid overpriced but this is Microsoft so yeah.. no surprises. $5 for Bejeweled? It's laughable. It didn't stop me from dropping money to get some cheevoes while in the subway. :) They also make finding any non-Live apps a pain since there's no search yet.

The interface will sex your eyes. It's gorgious. Sometimes I just stare at it.. not really doing anything.

Which handset did you get Ban? I'm looking at replacing my coveted iPhone for one of these and am trying to find the best handset. Looking at the HTC Surround and a couple of others.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.