Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

So I Wanted To Check Out Mafia Ii For The 360 But...

Featured Replies

...after reading the reviews on a few places I found out that the PS3 versions has MORE content!? WTF? Seriously? That really upsets me that they do crap like this, especially because the PS3 version is apparently noticeably not as good looking as the PC/360 versions.

This is just a blip from Destructoid:

The PlayStation 3 Advantage

While for this review I played the game to its completion on the PlayStation 3, I spent some time with both the Xbox 360 and PC versions for comparison. It needs to be said upfront that the PS3 version of Mafia II is the least visually impressive of the bunch, missing a number of subtle game effects that were pulled from the game, reportedly due to performance issues. With the right rig, you’ll get the best visual fidelity on the PC (the “PhysX” stuff, as usual, looks great), with the Xbox 360 version trailing slightly behind.

But visual nitpicking aside, all of the games are functionally indistinguishable; the experience is going to be mostly the same on all three platforms. The PS3 version of the Mafia II, however, features more content, due to the fact that all new copies ship with a unique code that will allow you to download a game add-on called “The Betrayal of Jimmy.” It’s this add-on content that makes purchasing Mafia II on the PS3 (if given options) a no-brainer.

“Betrayal” is exclusive to the PS3, and features mafia goon Jimmy in well over 20 unique missions that have a more action-packed, arcade-style slant than anything found in the standalone game. You’ll be scored per mission on everything from kills (including score multipliers), speed, drifting your car, and more. There’s a story here, but it’s really secondary to the action, which makes it feel wholly different than stock Mafia II experience. After completing the 10 hour on-disc story, “Betrayal” is a welcome addition, one that encourages players to play and explore Empire City in a way the core game refuses to.

:banghead::comp26::Retard: :Retard: :angry::meh::bat:

:dots:

Yup. Pure BS.

Then again, so is Dtard. They've had their review copy for awhile. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for ours, and the game releases tomorrow.

I wouldn't be too worried about that exclusive DLC. It gained PS3 1 point in the review. I wonder if the reviewer minused the PS3 version, for having NO GRASS. lol

  • Author

That's really stupid PK. I'm sure you'll get your copy soon. I'll prob just end up gameflying it since I don't want to pay full price for it. I still have a $20 off coupon for any game at Kmart but I don't know what I'll use it for. *shrugs*

I'm getting really tired of exclusive DLC also. I don't mind downloadable games like Shadow Complex, Joe Dirt, and Flower being exclusive because those are actual games, but exclusive content like this is annoying and slap in the face to gamers who don't want, or can't afford multiple systems. I'm pretty much done with DLC's that expand on the main story anyways. The only one I can even think of right now that I'm playing are the ones from Bethesda for Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I even bought some of the DLC for Borderlands and sort of stopped playing the game before I could check it out.

Exclusive (or timed) DLC is nothing that concerns me when I purchase a game for a specific console.

Hey Developers/Publishers/etc...

STOP WITH THE DAMN EXCLUSIVES!!

nuff said... dry.gif

^ exactly.

Though I wish for a day when mutli platform releases are the everyday. Competition usually breeds progress, but in the case of these exclusives, the only people gaining anything are the companies while the gamers lose out in every way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.