Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Appropriate Video Embed Size

Featured Replies

I've been experimenting, trying to get the largest embedded video size I can that can be seen by everyone. <BR><BR>

<object width="100%" height="640"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="100%" height="640"></embed></object>

I approve of this post. <br>

<object width="100" height="1005"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVkMc6dI40?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVkMc6dI40?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVkMc6dI40?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="100" height="100"></embed></object>

Only problem for some people is if they have an old monitor it will probably only go up to 1024x768. I have my resolution maxed out at 1440x900 so big videos really isn't much of an issue for me.

I have my laptop at 1280x800 and the videos still don't fit. It could be my Firefox's zoom level. But what I think is really happening is you guys are making the videos around 1024x768 or 1280x800 without factoring in how much the browser window cuts off. I can't see from the top to the tracking bar without scrolling. Damn your 9001x6000 resolutions!

1920 x 1080

Why don't you try resetting your zoom level, and see if that's it.

The ones I did yesterday, are slightly smaller than your resolution. Even still, if it's too big for you to view, there's a youtube logo you can click on. lol

Exactly, slightly smaller. It's probably not small enough to where it doesn't get cut off by the gamercard column on the left, and the browser bar up top with the adress bar, tabs, etc. I think my zoom level is fine, I actually zoom out a little from default. Not everyone has a super wide screen like you lol.

1920 x 1080

Why don't you try resetting your zoom level, and see if that's it.

The ones I did yesterday, are slightly smaller than your resolution. Even still, if it's too big for you to view, there's a youtube logo you can click on. lol

Or you can stop being a **** and post it normal.

I wasn't being a dick. I and others want to see game and movie trailers, bigger. At youtube, you get two sizes only. Both of which, your monitor can handle. So, just click on the youtube logo and watch it normal. It's not like it's hard or anything.

Plus, I never complained about your dinky movie trailers. I just clicked your embed, went to the site and sought out a larger video.

<br>

<object width="1920" height="1465"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVkMc6dI40?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVkMc6dI40?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVkMc6dI40?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1920" height="1465"></embed></object>

  • Author

I found a solution. So we can all just get along. I just can't stop loving you guys. Does this work for you all with the smaller screens?

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="100%" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aQXsM1l2wZ8?hl=en_US" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Almost, it just needs to be a little shorter vertically because of the browser bar on top and bottom cutting it off. Thanks for the effort though. lol

Fullscreen F11

Enough complaints guys. If we can't come to a compromise I'm going to disable video embedding altogether, so I don't have to see any more "too big" or "get a better monitor" comments. I'm tired of it. Either compromise or we just won't have embedded videos in the forum, simple as that. Thanks.

  • Author

How about this one Kevin? It should be viewable on any resolution above 800x600 in browser without resize unless you have a LOT of different toolbars on your browser.<BR><BR>

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="100%" height="640" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tv5iYj4TIbg?hl=en_US" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That's actually perfect, Dat. Thanks for the effort. :)

Seems like Sky's suggestion would work, but it's more convenient to not have to take away the browser bar and tabs for each video. I never use that fullscreen mode.

We could just post two of each video when you or PK post something, one for your fancy huge monitors, and one that will fit in smaller screens.

We could just post two of each video when you or PK post something, one for your fancy huge monitors, and one that will fit in smaller screens.

I won't be doing that. If someone is too lazy to click a logo, then I guess they won't get to see the video. I myself click smaller embeds, to see if there's a larger/HD option. I don't burden the poster of the video. All the information needed to view the video, is there in the embed. It's one click away. Less than a few pounds of pressure onto the left side of your mouse, and you're there.

  • Author

That's actually perfect, Dat. Thanks for the effort. :)

Seems like Sky's suggestion would work, but it's more convenient to not have to take away the browser bar and tabs for each video. I never use that fullscreen mode.

We could just post two of each video when you or PK post something, one for your fancy huge monitors, and one that will fit in smaller screens.

I'll stick to that when I embed then. It's easy enough. The height is set, and the width automatically adjusts to whatever size the browser window is. Fits my needs of a larger video that's still viewable by all.

Kevin first ****** about FIFA and now video sizes, sheesh.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.