Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Black Ops Multiplayer Trailer

Featured Replies

I saw this trailer the other day, and I am impressed. (Yup)

I'm hoping they take the gunplay of Call of Duty, with the solid additions of MW2 and put them in Black Ops. CoD's gun mechanics have always been solid, it's just all the stupid **** added into MW2 that make it hard to enjoy. An FPS should never be about gimmicks, IMO.

I'll be giving this game a miss. I'm just not impressed with the franchise any more. What have Treyarch brought to the table that impresses to make me hand over my money?

  • Graphics look the same as MW2
  • Same name badge idea as MW2
  • The in game voice sounds the same
  • Same guns as MW2 but only a few new ones (L96 sniper rifle at the end of the video). Was the ballistic knife introduced after the Commando Pro & Tactical Knife combo that everyone hated?
  • Silly gimicks for multi-player- remote control car, TV camera and crossbow. The TV camera thing reminds me of the helmet cams in GRAW but less well done and encouraging less team work

It just looks like W@W syndrome all over again. Take a formula made successful by someone else and squeeze the last few drops out of it until someone else does something innovative. I refuse to hand over £40 for what is a glorified expansion pack. Its a no purchase from me

DC, you forgot to mention:

  • The cover of the game looks totally wankster

Only thing missing is bling :-P If I want a gangsta game I have SR2 for that thank you very much :-D

CoD fanboy here, about to lay down the line about Black Ops.

It's going to be interesting. I see this to be a (potential) flip of W@W and the original modern warfare. In the original's case, CoD 4 was mostly considered to be the better game and W@W was just CoD 4 back in WW2 with probably the worst hit detection system I've ever seen. I did not look impressed. (No pics!) This looks to be the same, but could turn out well.

MW2 was considered pretty good online until the gimmick s**t set in. OMA tubes, commando, ridiculously overpowered UMP, camping for kill streaks, etc. Before that the game was pretty solid. Maybe Black Ops could have an improved and updated version of MW2's gameplay. I said maybe for a reason though.

Some of the stuff I've seen points to more and more gimmick s**t. Camper Camera? RC Bombs? Super far shooting knife gun? (Commando all f'ing over ago) And their is still care packages, suggesting more kill streaks which means more camping. Honestly, I think that the kill streaks in MW2 ruined FPS games for the next couple of years.

Camping and whoring out anything to get kill streaks creates a new and easy type of way to play FPS games. I don't like that one bit.

I really hate the killstreaks the way MW2 did it, just having 3 like MW and WaW I thought was okay, MW2 just got to crazy. With that said, I do think it at least looks like an improvement, I don't think the RC car will really be that much of a nuisance unless your camping, and with that and the camera shown I think(hope) we won't have any more of this chopper gunner/AC130/Nuke crap. I really, REALLY hated the nuke, turned ever game mode into deathmatch....

Dunno if I actually want to get it though....I'm really glad zombies is back.......but that I have to buy the hardened edition to get the old zombie maps and the possible subscription fee(which even if I get the game I won't get) are really putting me off now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.