August 5, 201016 yr comment_15555 Gearbox Software's loot-centric first-person shooter Borderlands recently got an update, one that added Steam achievements and new hardware support. That update also may have laid out, in extreme, spoiler-filled detail, the next downloadable expansion for Borderlands. According to contributors to Gearbox's online forums, that new Borderlands patch featured a folder chock full of potential details about the future of the game. The next expansion—the follow-up to The Secret Armory of General Knoxx—appears to be heavy on Claptraps. You know, those unicycling robotic helpers with the funny voices? Well, you may be fighting them and cybernetic zombies in the game's next add-on. Gearbox forum member Legendrew summarizes the details gleaned from the latest patch, telling of an "Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap" that leads a robot revolution against the Vault hunters. Your task in the next DLC pack is to take down those Claptraps and the re-animated human-Claptrap hybrids they've enlisted for their cause. Skag 'traps, Rakk 'traps, Psycho Midget 'traps and dozens of variations on the Claptrap, only way more evil, will be your enemies in the expansion, according to those update files. The DLC appears to span some 21 missions—"9 Main Missions, 12 Side Missions"—and will see plenty of familiar faces return. If you feel like potentially spoiling the details of those missions, the Claptrap bosses that await you and even more details on the alleged Borderlands add-on, head over to the forums. We've asked Gearbox if these details are legit and will hopefully update with confirmation or denial or some roundabout statement on the matter soon.DLC Spoiler ThreadSource Report
August 6, 201016 yr comment_15562 Yeah, can't wait. Hopefully the claptrap figures come out around the same time. Report
August 6, 201016 yr comment_15569 I'll get it if it's as good as the Knoxx DLC and adds enough content. Sounds like it will be. Report
August 6, 201016 yr comment_15633 I reallly need to finish playing this. I've still not even finished the main game once through nor even started any of the DLC. Report
August 11, 201016 yr comment_16055 "Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution" is coming...NEXT MONTH!HELL YEAH!!! 10 additional skill points, 3 new backpack slots, over 20 missions, local enemies that have been "Claptrap-ified" and plenty of boss battles on offer. Can't wait! As usual, all this for 800 MS Points. Report
August 11, 201016 yr comment_16070 I did a little dance this morning, while playing Monday Night Combat, when i got the pr email about this. Report
August 11, 201016 yr comment_16106 I'll be polite, and not say how excited I am about this. Just know though, that I am really excited! Report
August 12, 201016 yr comment_16190 Alright guys, I'm lining up an interview with Gearbox and want your input. What questions do you guys have to ask about the DLC, Borderlands, and Gearbox Software in general? Make them good, so I can get a good interview and rapport going with the guys over there. They really are good guys and I'd love to have a good working relationship with them. Report
August 12, 201016 yr comment_16191 HELL YEAH!!! 10 additional skill points, 3 new backpack slots, over 20 missions, local enemies that have been "Claptrap-ified" and plenty of boss battles on offer. Can't wait! As usual, all this for 800 MS Points.Dude, I'm all over it. I love Borderlands. Report
August 12, 201016 yr comment_16217 My questions are a mess and not just about the new DLC. If you can fit them in somehow, great. If not, it's all right. Some are just things I always wanted answers to. lolBorderlands was such a runaway hit; will you be expanding the same characters adventures in a sequel, or have you thought of taking it in a new direction?There's no mistaking the marks/tattoos that Commandant Steele and Lilith shared. Many of us are dying to know more about that little coincidence. Neca Toys is currently producing your talking Claptrap figure. Are there any other plans to bring Borderlands merchandise to the fans? Which one of your designers, is the Stephen Hawking fan? In General Knoxx, we see "Turtles all the way down" written on walls all over. Many of your characters live on in new content. Doesn't matter if they died previously or not. Will this new DLC bring back some of our favorite characters? Since the new DLC focuses heavily on the claptraps, will we see a return of the web series? Dying to see how that comes out. Stevetrap: Heyooo!Big thanks to Gearbox. You're keeping your DLC at $10, when other devs are charging more, or even giving less for the same price. Never change, guys. You're perfect as you are.Also, Mikey is a genius. Give him a raise and don't ever lose him. Serious. Report
August 13, 201016 yr comment_16255 You could ask them about Duke Nukum, but I doubt they would say anything. Also, bring up PK's think about pricing... they deserve to hear that. Report
August 31, 201016 yr comment_17721 ******! I just traded this in towards a Fallout New Vegas preorder!! I didnt think there would be any more DLC, its been so long since the last. Guess I'll have to get it from Gamefly again. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.