July 27, 201016 yr comment_14834 Saturday I started feeling crummy, but I went golfing anyways with my parents. Came home and fell asleep immediately and slept for 13 hours. On Sunday when I woke up I felt like I couldn't even swallow or breathe right. It's not necessarily my throat that hurts (doesn't really hurt in my throat to swallow), but my right gland in my neck is so swollen that it hurts to turn my head or swallow or anything. It's like the size of a baby's fist and you can see on the side of my neck how it pops out cause it's so swollen. So Monday I called in to work and stayed home and slept all day. I woke up a little later and tried to play some Xbox and some PS2, but I was just having a hard time concentrating cause I feel so yucky. I'm pretty feverish and running about 101. Still feel like CRAP today and it's still ridiculously swollen.I hate going to to Doctor's office, but I don't think I have a choice at this point. I think it's only getting worse. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14837 Ugh, that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon, if I were you I would go see the Dr. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14839 Bleh .. I hate getting sick in the summer .. hope the Dr. can do more than just say it's the Flu and you need to rest Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14840 I'm sick today too, but it's self-induced. Chris. Any time you have a gland on your neck that's swollen to the size of a baby's fist...go to the doctor! That sounds horrible. I hope you're feeling better soon. Report
July 27, 201016 yr Author comment_14843 Yeah, I'm none too happy. I don't think I have a choice about going to the Doctor's, but I hate just sitting there and waiting only to be told i "need to go home and rest". Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14848 Yeah, I'm none too happy. I don't think I have a choice about going to the Doctor's, but I hate just sitting there and waiting only to be told i "need to go home and rest". Well look on the bright side maybe its something serious and you will have to be hospitalized and just maybe turn into a zombie thus causing the zombie apocalypse, and we can say we "knew" the guy who started the downfall of civilization. If that doesnt happen then I hope you feel better but its not nearly as exciting. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14850 He's right Chris. You'd be a zombie stud, and I'd tell everyone I knew you Report
July 27, 201016 yr Author comment_14851 Well, one things for certain, I FEEL like a zombie today and I'm coughing up enough phlegm and goo that I probably look like one too. On a side note, I've been really sucked into playing Divinity 2 lately on the 360. It's a pretty cool action RPG and so far has been pretty expansive. It can be a tad glitchy, but I haven't run into many problems. If you're looking for a cheap and decent RPG I would say to check it out.I'll work on Singularity review later too. I still haven't been able to play the multiplayer (the search functions are broken) so that will definitely impact the score. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14863 Ugh... hope you get better Chris... that don't sound too good... Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14871 I wouldn't go to the doctor .. just tough it out .. all they'll do is tell you go home and rest and eat healthier. And before anyone askes .. YES I am a doctor in my spare time and all of you should go home and rest. Report
July 27, 201016 yr Author comment_14872 Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of Kev. It'd just be a waste of my time. I figure I'll try to just drink a lot of fluids and hope that the swelling goes down. Untill then though it's going to suck for a few days. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14890 I'm not a big fan of going to the Doctor .. 9 times out of 10 it's usually nothing and since your still sort of up and about, you can likely fight off whatever it is with some bed rest. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14896 bah, don't listen to these guys, chris. my dead grandpa had one of those, so it can't be all bad. Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14905 I would go to the doctor just for the swollen lymph node since it's that bad, but that's just me being a female I guess.Hope you feel better soon Chris. Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14929 I would go to the doctor just for the swollen lymph node since it's that bad, but that's just me being a female I guess.Hope you feel better soon Chris.hee hee That's what I was going to say. Not going to the doctor is such a "guy" thing. My dad or brother's face could start peeling off and they'd go, "nah, it'll be okay. I'll just use a Band-Aid and it'll be fine." I'm surprised Coy hasn't made you go.I hope you start feeling better soon and that the baby gets his fist out of your neck. Report
July 28, 201016 yr Author comment_14938 I'm feeling vaguely better today. The swelling has gone down a little bit, but I'm still pretty miserable. Will probably be a few days before I recover. *sad face* Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14939 Actually the whole "not going to the Doctor" thing I got from my mother. She was thrown off one of her horse and busted her collar bone and didn't go to the hospital, and she's Canadian so it's not like she could afford it financially. She just never really thought that going to the hospital is something you have to do every time you feel under the weather. Generally if you even a decent healthy lifestyle with minimum exercise your body should be able to fight off any virus or illness. Sure if something bad (and you know when that is) is happening to you .. than go see a doctor .. but most everything else can be fixed with healthy eating, exercise, less stress, and plenty of rest. Report
July 29, 201016 yr comment_15068 Wow...umm...your mother was kind of odd though. Breaking a collar bone is definitely doctor worthy I would think. Don't tell you mom I said she's odd though. She sounds kinda scary. I agree about not going for every little thing. I had the flu a little while ago, but that's a virus and nothing can be done about a virus really. I'm not as bad as my sister, though. She gets antibiotics for viruses. Bugs the crap out of me. If the side of my neck ever swelled up like Chris is talking about though, I'd definitely be having it checked out. Not saying that everybody should. I just know that I would. Report
July 29, 201016 yr Author comment_15069 Im telling you, I looked like a monster for a day or two. I couldn't believe how swollen it was, but I just sucked it up and self medicated with a bit of Guinness and Jameson. LoLI feel better today, and the swelling has gone down a lot but it's still a little tender. Report
July 29, 201016 yr comment_15079 Ya see that Chris .. a pint or two of Guinness will cure all. You heard it here first people. .. and YES my mom is rather crazy. Report
July 29, 201016 yr Author comment_15081 It's all about the double-fisting. Guinness + Jameson = Bliss Report
July 29, 201016 yr Author comment_15086 *Darth Vader voice* Don't make me destroy you.<div style='background-color:#e9e9e9; width: 460px;'><object id='A64060' quality='high' data='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=jYMcYdQUh01I043P&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=everyday_fun' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' height='345' width='460'><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><param name='movie' value='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=jYMcYdQUh01I043P&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=everyday_fun'></param><param name='scaleMode' value='showAll'></param><param name='quality' value='high'></param><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='external_make_id=jYMcYdQUh01I043P&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=everyday_fun'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param></object><div style='text-align:center; width:435px; margin-top:6px;'>Personalize funny videos and birthday <a href='http://sendables.jibjab.com/ecards'>eCards</a> at JibJab!</div></div> Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.