Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

SDCC

Featured Replies

So I'm back from San Diego. I think I tweeted the hell out of it so it should come has no surprise that I spent a vast majority of my time in the Xbox Lounge (free drinks!). Playing Kinect was fun but guess what? I got bored pretty fast. You know what didn't bore me? Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

I played the living **** out of this XBLA game (which comes out this Wednesday btw) and ******** it's fun as hell. They had a 12 console Live party going for prizes and I would CONSTANTLY get second place, third place, never quite winning a copy of Alan Wake and Crackdown 2 I wanted so dearly. I wanted to bring all my friends in and stack the consoles so at least one of us would win, they were more interested in comics. Dammit.

Also played Comic Jumper and Hydrophobia.. and I got some good merch which might go into some Gamercide contests. Had a blast. I held CliffyB's lancer. It has it's own bodyguard and it's really heavy. :)

4833452002_730d4b20aa.jpg

  • Author

In the interested of full discloser.. I played Kinect. I demoed Joyride, that Harmonix Dance game and some Kinect Sports.

I got bored of it after 20 minutes.

It's REALLY innovative stuff but it gets old really quick.

Very cool dude... I plan on getting the hydro thunder game because I played it so much as a kid. I'll race ya sometime if you get it too.

Great pic!! .. I'm likely getting Kinect for exercise games .. I hope to go from fat *** to regular sized pants some day. Like Kitty I have a Wii and yea that stuff gets old fast .. but I don't care for exercise either.

How was the rest of the con? Did you get to talk to any artist/writers?

  • Author

I got sketches from Jeff Smith (Bone) and Ryan Ottley (Invincible).. and like Major Nelson, I also got to touch David Hasselhoff and CliffyB.

ooo .. Jeff Smith .. I started reading Bone around 1990 or '92. What was it like meeting him?

  • Author

Jeff Smith is awesome, he gives sketches for free which is rare. And he just does it right in front of you. He wore one of those carpel tunnel wrist thing, poor guy cartooned his *** off for the whole con. :)

I'm going to have a lame merch contest soon. Seriously, I got some lame merch this year that needs a home lol.

That's really great .. I hope I get to meet him sometime. I remember there was like a year and half or two year gap in issues of BONE when he got hit in the face with a baseball. The whole comic industry (including him) were worried he wouldn't be able to draw again. I think Tam has a sketch by him, or she did at one point.

  • Author

Xbox Lounge was in the Hard Rock Hotel, which was a separate venue from SDCC. Sort of across the street. That's why I'm not shoulder to shoulder with sweaty shirtless men dressed as Zangief. It was a place you could actually relax, rather than waiting in line for some bullcrap. It felt like very few people knew about it, despite Major Nelson plugging it. That was okay by me. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.