Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

A thing happened....

Featured Replies

A funny, funny thing....

https://imgur.com/7XK9HR1

Nothing SUPER high end, but here goes:
 

Quote

 

Ryzen 3 1200

ASRock AB350M Pro 4

8 GB DDR4

WD Blue 1TB

GTX 1050ti

 

It's pretty solid with upgrade options in the future.  And with that, I have joined the "PC Master Race". I put that in quotes because in doing so, I also remembered why I prefer consoles. Got everything built, set it all up and hit the power button.  3 beeps...Re-seated everything, same thing. After an hour, found it to be a bad stick of RAM. So at this point, I'm only running 4GB. Gotta setup an RMA with Newegg to get a new stick. Hopefully they don't require me to send both back since it came in a set. That would suck. Still need to finish up software installs, updates, etc. I'm pretty excited.

UPDATE:

Well shit. Because they came in a set, I have to send them both back. Just shit....Luckily Mario Odyssey comes out tomorrow and I'll have that to keep me occupied while I wait. But still....SHIT!

  • Author

I actually blame Newegg for the ram issue. They just threw it in the box with the PSU and the plastic clamshell case came open in shipping, so the sticks were rattling around in the box. I made sure to tell them about it and made them note to pack it better when they send me a new set.

  • Author

Yeah, pretty jazzed about it. Went through and added a ton of stuff to my Steam wishlist. Then the sale started. So much stuff I want, but my wallet is tapped out for now, so I’ll be waiting on another sale. I think Doom and South Park are the main 2 I want right now. A few cheaper things I may pick up, like Bioshock Infinite and Deadly Premonition over on GoG.

Just gotta get the memory sticks back from Newegg RMA and I should be good to go. Prob jump on the Rust server some time. Might eventually get Conan, if you guys still play. It’s a whole new world now. I’ll still play console stuff too. Pretty excited to get Mario in tomorrow.

  • Author
7 hours ago, PeeKnuckle said:

Just in time for the Steam xmas sale, too lol

GAH!! Why would you bring that up?!? Hopefully my wallet recovers a bit between now and then. So many great games coming out today. Wish this damn thing was working! I guess I can wait a few more days. Dammit.

Hell yes! And came back strong with a Ryzen CPU. I’ve been thinking about building a rig based in Ryzen just for old time sakes. Been a decade or more since I built an AMD rig. No better time to be coming back to the PC gaming scene. 

 

Let me know if you do join up with some Rust. I’ll get you added to the mod list so you can have all the fun plugins. I host it locally so there is some downtime when spectrum takes a dump, but it’s usually pretty solid. 

  • Author

It was an internal struggle on whether to go AMD or Intel, but doing 1080p Gaming, Ryzen just made sense. Paired with the not insanely priced GTX card, it should get me 50 to 60 FPS in the stuff I want to play, for a good while. Plus I left myself upgrade options with the motherboard. Already looking at an SSD and possibly a better video card, if the prices will drop some. As soon as I get replacement RAM, I’ll probably jump on Rust. After some slight overclocks we burned in.

SSD is a must now. You can snag a 250gb 850 pro for around $90 or less now, if for no other reason than to throw your OS and a couple of games on it.  I would highly suggest it before anything else.  You should be in pretty good shape for 1080p.  My last big step was moving to 1440p.  I found a deal on a Dell with GSync that I couldn't pass up.

  • Author

Yeah, M.2 SSD is on the horizon. Was on a pretty strict budget and had already gone over that, much to the wife’s irritation. Won’t be a huge deal to add it later and just reinstall stuff. 

Side note, memory replacement goes out from Newegg tomorrow. Should be back in business by the weekend. Pretty stoked. Already snagged a couple of games. Doom being the one I want to get going soon. Played it on console already, but keyboard and mouse will be awesome to go back to playing with.

  • Author

Honestly pretty shocked how good this PC runs games. Doom defaulted to medium settings, but I figured I would give it a shot...cranked it all up and was at a pretty constant 60fps. Everything I’ve tried so far has been great. I don’t expect everything to be optimized, but it’s awesome to look at my Steam library and know I can actually play stuff. One drawback, so much added to my wishlist now it hurts.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I finished Doom about 5 Times on PS4. Going to put some real playtime in on the PC games after we get settled back to a routine. Holidays generally kick my ass for time to do anything.

  • 1 month later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.