August 27, 20179 yr comment_91214 So, we bought a new car for my wife this past week. Of course, it wouldn't fit in the garage. Since she was eyeballing the Supra's spot I had to take quick action. I guess you would call it a subtraction instead of an addition. Took 12in off my garage step. The white mark on the ground is where it use to be. Report
August 27, 20179 yr comment_91215 Have you taken groceries up those stairs yet? It's reminding me of the side patio stairs I once had. I'd have to walk sideways up them when I had bags in my hands. lol "Quick action" got a genuine laugh from me. hahaha Report
August 28, 20179 yr Author comment_91216 lol. I carried my tools up them. They aren't as narrow as they look. I think the previous owner built them to wheelchair size maybe? I took a foot off of them and they are still at minimum code length of 3 feet not counting the hand rail. It's mainly the bottom post location. It causes the main entry to be about 6 inches narrower than the rest. I should have changed it, but it was enough work taking it all down and putting it back the same way. I had to modify the top, and I did not have the exact right material. You can't see it but, the top post is a little short. I had the 4x4 on hand so that's what it gets. It's just a garage anyway. lol Report
September 2, 20179 yr Author comment_91223 Haha. Yep. I need to get a tool box. The shelf is half chemicals and half tools. I should this weekend since harbor freight has a 25% off coupon, but I've spent too much money lately. It'll have to wait. Report
September 5, 20179 yr comment_91224 yea those storage shelves are nice, but i'd like to get something more permanent eventually. Report
October 2, 20179 yr comment_91258 On 9/29/2017 at 11:20 PM, Dateranoth said: lol. Garage is a permanent eventuality. i need a shed Report
October 8, 20179 yr Author comment_91264 lol. I just need a bigger garage. It works out here because I have the basement for extra storage, but a bigger work space in the garage would have been nice. Report
November 7, 20178 yr comment_91310 We sold our house at the beginning of September and moved in to a rental temporarily. Pretty nice place out in the country. Bigger and less money is always a plus. First time having a garage at all. Pretty awesome. Going to finish paying off a small loan and the rest of the wife’s college bills and then be COMPLETELY debt free. Estimate right now is November of 2018. Pretty stoked for that. It’s been a long 4 year’s of getting rid of over $175k of debt. Then we’ll get college funds set aside for the kids. Report
November 23, 20178 yr Author comment_91332 Man. I was close to being out of debt. Then we decided to buy this new place. Haha. And now a new car. Oh well, another decade or two maybe. Glad to hear all is going well for you. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.