Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The Witcher 3

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well, no idea how many hours in I am now. 8 or 10 maybe?  Anyway, I'm loving the game.  Highly recommend playing it if you enjoyed the previous titles, and even if you didn't. There's a lot going on, but it's easy enough to follow inside it's own game without knowing any of the back story.

I made the mistake of preordering it from Greenmangaming before I heard about the issues they were having with the activation keys so I only got my key today, but it was a good price (like $43, though I'm wishing I had spent the $48 to have it on Steam).  I'm going to check it out tonight.  Witcher 1 was good but felt like it had a lot of filler, but Witcher 2 was just amazing.  I can only expect great things from this one.

Since this thread exists... I currently have the witcher 3 and none of the previous. It came with my gfx card when I replaced it a little while ago.

Having that said, I obviously haven't played any of them. 

 

Would it be recommended to play through 1 and 2 before going into the 3rd or can I just start with 3 and pick up from there?

Okay, so the good news is GreenManGaming mailed out reparation vouchers for 40% off a game on their site, for people who had issues getting their Witcher 3 key.  So I'm thinking I can get the last Batman Arkham game for $36, sweet.  Or maybe Dragon Age:  Inquisition, though I think I'll wait on that since it will be a while before I play it, as I want to replay the first, then all the DLC and play 2 before I'd even play it.

  • Author

Since this thread exists... I currently have the witcher 3 and none of the previous. It came with my gfx card when I replaced it a little while ago.

Having that said, I obviously haven't played any of them.

Would it be recommended to play through 1 and 2 before going into the 3rd or can I just start with 3 and pick up from there?

You can jump right in. You will want to read the character bios and all that in the game to get up to speed, but it's not necessary to play the first two. However, the 3rd will import your Witcher 2 saves if you have any. This is just to import choices.

If you get a chance play The Witcher 2 first, but if not just jump into 3. It's an awesome game so far.

I picked it up yesterday and only put in about 30 to 45 minutes.  Pretty good so far.  Combat is a bit slow compared to the likes of Bloodborned, but I dig it.

I still need to play Witcher 2...

The videos and reviews I have seen for the third game look awesome. Let us know how you like it once you get more into the game Dat.

  • Author

Oh, I am enjoying it immensely.  It is doing a great job of keeping me entertained. I love how, even though it's open world, it all feels like a strong story. So each mission has lots of dialogue and input and story behind it. Not just the main quests.  The gameplay is great and I believe it's going to have me sucked in for many more hours.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.