Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Halloween movies

Featured Replies

Recently rented Occulus and The Conjuring, Occulus was ok The Conguring was great, really good Halloween flick and got me interested in the Annabelle doll, also have watched The Thing and Young Frankenstein my go to Halloween movies, need to get The Thing (2011) on disc it was ok but the first one is the best (1984), anyways what are your favorite Halloween movies or what have you seen recently that is good? 

 

 

I am sucker for the old Halloween movies; Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween IV, and Halloween V.  Not so much Halloween III, because it sucked major ass.  I guess The Nightmare Before Christmas is on that list too, because my kids are obsessed with it and after all of these years I still like it.

I still like how Cabin in the Woods hearkend back to the old school charms of the 80's.  Great flick all around in my opinion.  Haven't watched too many "good" Halloween movies this year, but I'm revisiting a lot of the old classics.  Watched Hellraiser again last night as well.  :D

GORE!!! gimme gore!!! Anything by Herschell Gordon Lewis. Also The Evil Dead(1981), Night of the Living Dead(1968) are on my list.

Phantasm just to have a laugh at what used to scare the shit out of me as a young boy. lol

 

1Jy9usV.jpg

 

The Tall Man was one of the scariest villians to me as a boy honestly.  Now?  It's campy and corny, but holy heck did he and those silver balls of death give me nightmares as a kid.  :D

  • Author

I liked cabin in the woods as well, it was done well and had a nice twist on the horror genre

The House of the Devil, Let the Right One In (original, not the US one), The Exorcist, Poltergeist, Shaun of the Dead, Theater of Blood, Suspiria, House of Wax (1953), The Birds, Psycho, The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, Drag Me to Hell, and Freaks (American Horror is ripping this one off so much it hurts my feelings.)

I'm a bit of a horror film oddity. I will watch any horror film, no matter the origin, director, time period. This list spans so many eras, types, etc. that you should find SOMETHING you like. Hell, I could recommend 1000 more probably.

  • Author

I like the horror films as well, I should say Zombieland is also becoming a go to movie, Shaun of the dead is great.

Most newer horror flicks don't do it for me.  I prefer the older stuff with practical effects or things like Freaks that uses actual....Well....Freaks.  lol

 

New stuff, I only watch with my wife.  She adores new horror films, but not the old stuff I like.  There's a few exceptions to me disliking new stuff, but it's a rare occasion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.