August 28, 201412 yr comment_84922 Thought it should be easier to read and search weekly deals so created this...Will plan on adding some enhanced steam like features to it as well. http://webapp.skylark95.com/steam-weeklong-deals/ Report
August 28, 201412 yr comment_84924 Very nice Sky! Though I should be mad for you making it even easier to throw money at steam. Report
September 10, 201412 yr Author comment_85005 Added another feature and versioned a 1.0.0 release...*Added Rating. Rating is the percentage of positive reviews in the 50 highest rated reviews Report
September 11, 201412 yr comment_85013 I like this feature. I was hoping you would add something like this. I haven't looked at the source yet. What did you write it in? Report
September 12, 201412 yr Author comment_85016 I like this feature. I was hoping you would add something like this. I haven't looked at the source yet. What did you write it in? Mostly PHP and JavaScript Report
September 13, 201412 yr comment_85031 Anyway to move to mostly javascript and use background loading? I had it hang a couple of times. I guess it was having trouble querying the api. I like PHP a lot except for the need to wait on it to finish. Report
September 13, 201412 yr Author comment_85032 The php is really just serving as a proxy, minifier, and server side cache for the different http calls I'm making. The JavaScript is making async calls for the weeklong deals and other detail pages through the proxy then using jQuery to parse them into the table. [edit] The only way I could make it work with all JavaScript is if steam has cors enabled on their site which they likely do not. My shared server was having a maintenance update last night so php was running a little slow. It's back to its normal speed of a few seconds to load the page ow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-origin_resource_sharing Report
September 13, 201412 yr comment_85037 I wasn't sure how you were pulling the info. If it was an api of steams that was setup to allow that or not. It's normally fast. Do you cache the entire weeklong deals on your local server? Since, I assume they are only changing once a week. Really just curious. Report
September 20, 201412 yr Author comment_85074 Cached and refreshed on demand every 24 hours. Also... Release 1.1.0Display and/or filter by platform (#8)Other notable features:Search specifically by OS or NameAdded placeholder text to search boxesClick on version number to view releases on GitHubBugs Fixed:Divide by 0 error on ratinghttp://webapp.skylark95.com/steam-weeklong-deals/ Report
September 23, 201412 yr Author comment_85109 Steam prettymuch just implemented a new design that removed about half the reason I even needed to write this...Oh well, I fixed the bugs the redesign caused none the less. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.