Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Gamestop's Pre-order plans get much, much worse

Featured Replies

So I've been reading lately that Gamestop has been in talks about their pre-order business plans that would make this whole "exclusive content" shenanigans incredibly worse.

 

Pretty much the idea is that Gamestop wants to move further into this territory by entering into talks with developers before the game even releases so that whole parts of the game are only available to people who pre-order and purchase through them.  So we're talking much more than a weapon or character skin here.

 

Oh wow!  That new game-mode looks fantastic!  Only available if you buy it at Gamestop.

 

Etc, etc.

 

Thoughts?

Fucking retarded.

 

If you're blocking my from on-disc features because I didn't pre-order form some money grabbers, I am not purchasing your game.

  • Author

The problem is that is GOING to happen that way.  All Gamestop has to say is "we won't stock your game" to the devs if they refuse their offers, and considering Gamestop is the largest retailer of physical copies of the game that is a pretty heavy swing at the actual game makers.

I don't see many developers going for it. The exclusive stuff they have now is just enough to move sales from one retailer to another without really changing the game.  If they went that route I believe it would be an uproar. If not from gamers then from the other retailers.  I doubt it would actually increase overall sales for the developer.  Quite frankly, sounds like a lazy as fuck way for GameStop to sell more games.  How about doing their job and making gamers like them more instead of pissing us off? Then maybe we would buy from them.

  • Author

Who the fuck buys physical copies anymore? I only buy them when I'm feeling too impatient to download something. 

 

Impatience. That's all it is. I don't want to wait 45 minutes.

 

Console players do MrsBE.  :D  This is more directed at the console market really, and it's still pretty shitty.

Who the fuck buys physical copies anymore? I only buy them when I'm feeling too impatient to download something. 

 

Impatience. That's all it is. I don't want to wait 45 minutes.

 

 

Given the chance, I kinda like having a physical copy of my games.

Some things, like steam, then I don't really have a choice.

 

Also, I do kinda like stacking all the boxes in my bookshelf.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.