Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

PC Build

Featured Replies

Hey guys i'm still saving up some money for my PC . Figured i'd spend around 1200 for it so why not go a little crazy  , It may be a little more though . Need help picking out a good gpu and cpu . Especially , if i wanna run games like Wolfensteing with it's 44 Gigabytes if im not mistaken . Help is needed

  • Author

Actually I been talking to a friend i play with . He gave me some specs that would run me around 2000 or more . What do you think dat ? 

Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM GTX 770 4gb 8gb Dominator Platinum 1866 (lightbar kit) Corsair 850W Modular Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower

 

  • Author

I do need a monitor , keyboard , and a mouse . Any good monitor sizes to play on im thinking 27 inch ? 

That's definitely a good looking build.  What are you looking for CPU wise?  27 inch is a pretty good size. I'm using a 24 inch as my primary gaming monitor. It's a good size for the distance I sit.  If you're just looking for 1080p then I'd stick with 27 or 24. Depending how far you sit from it.

 

With everyone buying new stuff around here it's giving me an itch. I sort of want to sell my GTX 690 and buy a 780 ti or maybe a titan black.

  • Author

Where do i go to get in ? Never been on team speak 

$1200 is a good budget for a great gaming PC. You can't go wrong with the new 4th gen i7's for a processor and I would add an SSD for faster boots and loads. But like Dat said, stop by Teamspeak and we could talk about it some more. I'm there almost every night.

You've made a good first step in deciding a budget.

Dat is the resident computer build expert but here is a few pointers I have...

 

  • First decide on a graphics card.  Then build the rest of your computer around that.  AMD cards are usually cheaper (I currently have a 7970 Ghz Edition), Nvidia cards are also great if you can find a good deal (I previously had 2 GTX 460s.  SLI created some excess heat, but I was able to manage until I wanted a little more power and not deal with SLI setup so I upgraded to the AMD 7970)
  • Next CPU. AMD's are cheaper, Intel's are higher quality but come at a premium.  What CPU you pick narrows your motherboard choices. (I'm still sporting an older i7 950)
  • Case.  I would recommend a full tower if you can afford to spend for one.  I used to have a mid-tower, but it was much easier to work on the pc and it improved cooling when I upgraded to a Coolmaster HAF X.
  • SSD.  Great for improving boot times, but they do come at a cose.  I have an OCZ Vertex 2 60GB for running Windows 7, but I'd recommend the Intel SSD's.  I have a buddy who has one and it honestly seems to perform a little better than my OCZ.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.