Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Running in a 5K this weekend in Baltimore - Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge

Featured Replies

So ever seen the show Wipeout?  Yeah. I'm pretty much doing that this weekend with my sister down in Baltimore.  Should be a friggin' blast!  Can't wait!  Check out the video of what it's about in the link below.

 

http://rocrace.com/baltimore/

 

I'll be wearing a tutu and a caveman wig/beard.  It's going to be hilarious! 

 

I'll try to post some pictures when I get back!

 

 

 

 

Looks really fun , we have done the Dirty Dash several times and it is fun, the clothes I wore the first time 2 years ago still look dirty. My first Half of the year was a total flood it rained the whole time and we were soaked through by the end, it was still a good run though. Have 3 races coming up in June, have fun !!

 

http://www.thedirtydash.com/

  • Author

Looks really fun , we have done the Dirty Dash several times and it is fun, the clothes I wore the first time 2 years ago still look dirty. My first Half of the year was a total flood it rained the whole time and we were soaked through by the end, it was still a good run though. Have 3 races coming up in June, have fun !!

 

http://www.thedirtydash.com/

 

Yeah, I went with my sister to a Color Run last month and it looked like a hell of a good time.  She was completely covered all over in various colors.  Was funny.  I'm looking forward to this one though!

 

Dirty Dash sounds cool too however. 

 

I'm not much of a runner though.  I'm just going to have fun since it's not timed or anything.

  • Author

I'm not much for running, but looks pretty fun. How did it go?

 

The whole event was amazing.  There was definitely like 20,000 people there.  The race and obstacle course went without any problems really for me personally except for one of them.

 

Those fucking jump balls lol.  Let's just say I have a newfound respect for those damn things, and I walked away a little battered.  My chest is pretty damn bruised up and I may have bruised a rib haha.  I'm sure it was HILARIOUS to watch me go flying off of them.  Hit the first one ok, but launched a little too far to the second one.  Came down on it a bit too hard and it shot me flying sideways off of it, twisted me hard mid-air and I landed half crumpled on my legs and half on my chest and knocked the wind out of myself!

 

Sooooo many people were getting hurt though lol.  Some lady cracked her head open off of the moon bounce, I saw one dude with a broken foot (like his foot was literally sideways!) and a lot of other random stuff.  Some people definitely should not have even attempted half of the stuff there due to their physical shapes! 

 

Anyways, loads of fun.  Waiting for my sister to have her friend upload the photos and videos (she had a waterproof digital camera) since I didn't bring my phone because of the water obstacles and stuff.

haha No.  It was a prehistoric caveman wig and beard combo I got on Amazon for like 7 bucks.  It was really damn funny. 

 

 

Close enough.

Sounds and looks like you had a blast. Not surprising people were getting hurt. Tend to draw people that are ready to over exert themselves.  My only question, did the outfit make it through the entire race?  I want to see a picture with a wet caveman fro. Had to be hilarious. lol

  • Author

Sounds and looks like you had a blast. Not surprising people were getting hurt. Tend to draw people that are ready to over exert themselves.  My only question, did the outfit make it through the entire race?  I want to see a picture with a wet caveman fro. Had to be hilarious. lol

 

It fit like a dream and didn't fall off the entire race.  Of course it was kind of a pain when I was sopping wet and made it a little hard to see at points, but I just shook out my fro like a wet dog and kept going hahaha!!!  Tutu almost fell off on the world's largest inflatable water slide, but I just pulled it back up.  :D

 

And yeah, lots of people got hurt.  There were people there who should NOT have even attempted half of the stuff on the course!!

 

As soon as I get the pics from my sister's friend I will upload some more!

  • Author

Looking forward to the pictures. Must have been pretty damn big to accomodate 20000 people. Did they stagger the race into certain size groups?

 

Yeah, you had a designated window of time for your "team" that signed up (mine was between 2:00-2:30) and they gated you all into this little area and sent people off 100 at a time or so.  Waves went from 9am all the way up to about 5:30ish so it was an all day affair but there were soooooo many friggin people there all day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.