February 11, 201412 yr comment_82758 Purchased a new cap card - ExtremeCap U3. Specs allow 1080p @ 60fps. Unfortunately xsplit doesn't seem to like that resolution with this capture card. So I figured I'd give obs a try. The setup has a learning curve, but thankfully lots of tutorials on youtube. After getting it setup, I'm kinda stunned at the quality achievable with almost zero performance impact over xsplit. My licence expires in April, and at this point I'm not sure I'll renew? Obs is an excellent alternative to xsplit. edit - is this even the right forum Report
February 11, 201412 yr comment_82761 Good a place as any. I'm in the same boat. For a while I was using both, but I haven't even opened XSplit in a long time. I have several licenses expiring soon and I see no reason to renew. Still doing the two computer stream setup? How much is that card? Report
February 11, 201412 yr Author comment_82764 Good a place as any. I'm in the same boat. For a while I was using both, but I haven't even opened XSplit in a long time. I have several licenses expiring soon and I see no reason to renew.Still doing the two computer stream setup? How much is that card? Just checking, cause I like to follow dem rulz . I'm still setup to use two pc's for streaming. However the testing I did with obs (heard you mention it a time or two also), I don't really see any improvement over a single pc. Think I paid $170. but sold a couple older capture cards, and a couple old gpu's. Out-of-pocket was only like $50. The only drawback is it does not support pass-through directly. To run in on a second monitor you would need an hdmi splitter. Report
February 12, 201412 yr comment_82785 yea dude, i think just about all of us switched to OBS. It is by far superior to xsplit. Which I havne't used in over a year. Xsplit uses up way to much. Report
February 12, 201412 yr Author comment_82787 yea dude, i think just about all of us switched to OBS. It is by far superior to xsplit. Which I havne't used in over a year. Xsplit uses up way to much.Happy new year gg. I streamed for about 2 hours off-n-on earlier. Still getting the hang of it(obs). I was having a terrible time with screen capture. Couldn't figure out why the performance was so bad while playing mlb2k12 for the pc. Console capture is a breeze, cause the console is doing all the hard work. Finally figured out I was trying to stream 1080p @ 60 - downsampled the stream to 720p and everything was fine. Still can't figure out why the extremecap u3 isn't allowing 1080p preview? Submitted a ticket to avermedia. Anywho, always a pleasure sir. Report
February 12, 201412 yr comment_82795 Not bad for a new capture card. I still don't run into too many games that give me trouble streaming on just the PC. OBS is definitely where it's at now. I still have the ole Black Magic hooked up downstairs. It doesn't get a whole lot of use, but it still works just fine with OBS.It originally had a little more delay than XSplit but now with Twitch built in delay, It's hard to tell either way. Report
February 15, 201412 yr comment_82857 I want to stream The Wolf Among Us, but I don't know if I'll have time. Want to try the Titanfall beta as well. Report
February 16, 201412 yr comment_82863 Since the subject is still fresh, I'm actually starting to get some trouble with OBS. I use to could run it easily on my computer and not even notice a difference in FPS in games, but now it's starting to slow me down, almost like Xsplit. Is there a way I can revert back to an older version? Report
February 16, 201412 yr comment_82880 If you can find an older executable you can. I might have one still somewhere. Remember when it started happening? Another thing to try, is remove all your sources and start over. It might just be one you added causing trouble. Report
February 17, 201412 yr comment_82896 http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproject/files/ Uninstall the one you have and find an older one that works for you. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.