Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

HDTV Settings

Featured Replies

Okay, so HDMI is supposedly the best picture you can get, correct? If so, how come when I hook my Xbox up via HDMI, I only get 720p, yet when I go Component, I'm able to get 1080p?

Component is analog, hdmi is digital. There is a difference between the two but the difference isn't incredibly noticeable.

What kind of TV do you have, are you sure it goes to 1080p?

  • Author

I'm positive it goes into 1080p. It says it right on the dashboard, and I know my TV is compatible. It's a Samsung, not exactly sure the model though.

  • Author

Yea. I go to change it to 1080p, then the screen goes black for a bit, then the picture comes back and it's still in 720p.

If it supports it via Component then it should in all likely hood work via HDMI. Try a new HDMI cable. That is usually the most likely cause for it working at one resolution and not the other. You can also try turning off the auto option under display options. It may or may not be interfering.

  • Author

I tried a new HDMI cable, but still no 1080p. I haven't gotten around to checking auto, but I'll post here when I find out.

  • Author

So I just turned off auto, and when I chose 1080p, it went to a black screen and then it went back to 1080i. Maybe my TV just doesn't support 1080p? I'm almost positive it does though.

when the screen is going black, the xbox is asking if you can see the pic. if you can't, it goes back to 720. are you sure you're getting 1080p over component?

  • Author

Well, I looked it up my TV, I was able to locate the model number. Apparently, it doesn't support 1080p. My brother, who usually knows all about tech stuff said it did. Thanks for the help guys.

Well, I looked it up my TV, I was able to locate the model number. Apparently, it doesn't support 1080p. My brother, who usually knows all about tech stuff said it did. Thanks for the help guys.

Oh well, just set it to 720p and for most practical gaming purposes you won't notice a difference anyhow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.