November 2, 201312 yr comment_80956 So my sister set this up a few days ago. While donations are accepted/appreciated, I would definitely appreciate it a whole lot if some of you who use Facebook would spread this around and/or post this on your walls and encourage others to possibly do the same. Her bone marrow transplant is going to be coming up soon and the cost of the 24/7 care while she is in isolation is going to pretty much bankrupt us. Money doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but my mom definitely does. Thanks guys and much love to you all. https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/d1d3/amy-leach-s-multiple-myeloma-fund Report
November 2, 201312 yr comment_80959 Link currently isn't working for me now... just keeps clocking.I'll certainly check it out. Report
November 3, 201312 yr Author comment_80973 Strange, works fine for me. :/ Here's a tiny of it. http://tinyurl.com/nldnb9x Report
November 5, 201312 yr Author comment_80980 I posted it to my fb page Thank you so much Irish.... much appreciated Report
November 5, 201312 yr Author comment_80990 I'm pretty sure one of you donated, and I can't thank you enough. I love you guys. *hugs* Report
December 30, 201312 yr Author comment_81754 So my mom's bone marrow harvest is scheduled for January the 7th. They'll be taking as much healthy bone marrow from her as they reasonably can, irradiating it and cloning it with stem cells. While this is going on she herself will be undergoing some serious heavy duty chemo to try to blast as much of the cancer as possible out of her body. It's going to be a pretty rough time for about a month while this all happens. Hopefully after that she will have the transplant to put the marrow back into her and we'll just have to see how everything goes. It's been pretty stressful for all of us around here and I apologize I haven't been around or streaming much lately. Report
December 30, 201312 yr comment_81763 Hope and pray for the best. I'm sure your Mom's a fighter Report
January 10, 201412 yr comment_81916 Hope things are going well with her. I wish her and your family the best. Report
January 23, 201412 yr Author comment_82181 Thanks so much guys. Just an update, her transplant was pushed back again. Her blood levels aren't doing well (I believe it's her "m spike" level or something?) and they can't really do the treatment till that gets back under control. Also, her bones are continuing to fail and she's not allowed to do any more heavy lifting whatsoever because of additional fractures in her spine. :/ I don't know what to say really. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.