October 25, 201312 yr comment_80819 So what are the plans for Halloween? My kids will be dressed up as a soldier and Indiana Jones, and hitting the neighborhood, not sure if my older ones are going as it may now be uncool. No parties planned but I will be going through my kids candy to make sure it is "safe". We also watch several movies, my favorites being Young Frankenstien and The Thing, we also watch Ichabod Crane with the kids. I also think Warm Bodies and Zombieland would be good ones to add. Report
October 25, 201312 yr comment_80821 I am going to the "Zombie Walk" this Saturday in Owego. Going to be a bunch of live bands, the local cinema is throwing up on a projector the original Night of the Living Dead on the side of a huge building downtown, lots of live bands, and apparently a Thriller flash mob. I went to the local Salvation Army and picked up this HORRENDOUS totally 70's tweed suit that I slashed all up jaggedly with a knife and dragged through the mud/dirt and have a bunch of makeup and studio latex to dress up with and I'm going to wear my afro wig to be a disco zombie. Even found these hilarious platform shoes at the Salvation Army. Should be fun times. Report
October 27, 201312 yr comment_80830 Same thing I did last year. Sit in my apartment and hand out candy to any kids that do come. Report
October 27, 201312 yr comment_80833 I don't think I'll be doing anything. Since it's on a Thurs I have work the next day and I can't be hung over Report
October 27, 201312 yr comment_80835 Won best costume and best makeup at the zombie fest yesterday lol. Fun times. Went as a Disco Zombie. Here was my face makup Report
October 28, 201312 yr comment_80875 Not doin anything. Dont get kids at the house and morgans on crutchs..... Report
October 29, 201312 yr comment_80888 Granite is Ghost Face from Scream and Logan is an evil skeleton pumpkin with a bleeding chest. We found a Yoda costume for Rex, but it was too small...so he is a vampire dog instead. I use to watch the Halloween marathon on AMC, but with the kids I can't do that anymore not unless I want to be up all night dealing with "monsters in my closet" stuff so we carve pumpkins and watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown special. This year, we are also doing a "pumpkin hunt" which is similar to an easter egg hunt, but you hide those little pumpkins and they look for those. Report
October 29, 201312 yr comment_80889 Thats a good costume hope you won something fun Just a little trophy really. Nothing too fantastic but it was still a heck of a lot of fun. Getting all the liquid latex, oatmeal and tissue paper off my face was NOT a lot of fun though hahaha. @Siren: I loooooooove the Charlie Brown Halloween special! Have fun with your family! I'm carving pumpkins tonight myself. Report
October 29, 201312 yr comment_80890 I'm unlucky enough to have Differential Equations class that night, so maybe just watch Evil Dead or Alien when I get home. Report
October 30, 201312 yr comment_80905 Not much going on for the actual night of Halloween. Severe weather around here sounds like the local districts are even putting off true night for most kids. My wife entered a pumpkin carving contest tonight, so we will see how that goes. I was told last night that one of our local micro brewery's are doing a Halloween party this Saturday so we will probably drag out some old costumes and do that. Sweet costume, btw, Chris. Report
October 31, 201312 yr comment_80923 Here is Logan and Granite's costume. Logan's chest bled although you can't see it too well and so did Granite's mask. Report
October 31, 201312 yr comment_80924 Thats really cool Siren! Great job with them! @Dat - Thanks! I'll see if I can dig up a full picture of me dressed up in the 70's suit I tore up and wearing the disco wig too lol. Report
November 1, 201312 yr comment_80944 How cute!!! By the way....love the puking pumpkin. @PK...That first one...is disgustingly awesome! Report
November 1, 201312 yr comment_80946 I went to my uncle's house for Halloween. They live in a gated community and people from all over the county come there to trick or treat. Definitely went through a few big bags of candy. My dad stayed and handed out candy while I went trick or treating (for support, didn't collect) with my uncle, aunt-in-law, and two young cousins. Pretty fun, tons of people, and some neat costumes and house decorations since it was a popular spot. As for my outfit, I don't even know. Some kind of Celtic, martial artist dictator lol. I just wore my kilt, Celtic cloak, gi, and a military hat. Report
November 2, 201312 yr comment_80953 Siren, Dubl, your kids had great costumes. How was the candy haul? Sounds like a pretty good time Kevin. I use to do the same with my sister. I enjoyed seeing all the costumes. Report
November 3, 201312 yr comment_80968 So many great pictures! Ya'll have some cute kids. We had a Halloween costume party at one of the two bars in my tiny town last weekend. I won a $15 gift card for my zombie outfit. I was about the only person there dressed up though aside from the staff. I did meet some new middle aged guy friends though who invited me to their "Manhole" at the bitter expressions of their wives. I still haven't visited there yet.... Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.