Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Featured Replies

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ.

 

Read on

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

Very interesting.  Thanks for linking that PK.  I was raised Roman Catholic but things never really "settled" with me (even went to Catholic school for a few years when I was younger).  I really questioned a lot of the written stuff that was presented as fact (getting in trouble for it a lot in school lol) and after I eventually went through Confirmation in church I began to definitely move away from being "religious" to more being "spiritual".

 

The Jesus story is just that, a story.  Nice morals to try to pass along, but I like the idea this scholar is presenting as an invention more of psychological campaign against the populace of the time. 

 

Religion was the controlling factor of civilization back then, much like the media is today.

I'm not buying it from what I have read so far and it would be the find of the century if he can disprove 1000's of historical manuscripts that have backed up the New Testament in the Bible.

That said I would be interested in what he has to say. A lot of critics have attacked Christianity with very little proof or research in hand and have been largely based on opinion. This guy seems to have done a fair extent of research though. I would mostly be interested in the number of copies of manuscripts he has as well as their dates and authors.


There was one thing in the article that did catch my eye though:
"Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

Christianity does not encourage or justify a blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war. In fact many of Jesus' teachings tell the complete opposite (For example: Matthew 25:31-46). Unfortunately some people do label themselves as Christians and try to use that to justify things they shouldn't.


Good find PK, Was an interesting read. I do look forward to see what he has to say.

  • 2 weeks later...

Could have sworn there was another post in here last night from Avahra.

There was. I remembered posting int his thread and that's why I came back to it (to see if anyone provided wiht links to the lecture)

I'm not sure where it went too.

Perhaps I offended someone?HAHA

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.