Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

GTA V Performance Face-off - Digital Foundry

Featured Replies

I love this digital foundry. Such a cool site and super in-depth analysis of the different versions of a given game on how they perform across the different consoles or PC. They really test a game to its limits. If you can only buy one version use this to make your decision. The results here will surprise you.

 

This one is a PS3 vs. 360 Faceoff of GTA V

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

 

My little summary if you don't want to read the article:

 

I put this in a spolier because some of you may want to read the article first. Surprisingly, being almost like-for-like between versions the PS3 is the winner and recommended if you have the option mainly due to the sharper ground textures. The 360 ground textures are more blurry while the PS3 boasts sharper image quality.

 

They chalk it up to the 360 possibly having a texture streaming problem. It gets especially worse if both discs are installed. Installing both leads to only having one stream instead of two(HDD and Disc). Doing an HDD install of one and a flash drive install for the other disc does not seem to remedy the problem.

 

They have said, and I agree, that it is not that huge of a deal if you just play off the disc for 360 until they can patch it. But sharper textures and image quality sound better. I may go PS3 this time around

  • Author

Vector, I also have the game on PS3 (mostly because I didn't feel like shelling out money to play online with the 360 since I let my LIVE sub lapse way early this year)

I am with you. I recently acquired a PS3 for cheap. I never got to play any of the exclusives that I really want to play. My LIVE lapsed and I really don't want to give M$ any more money for it. Netflix and all that behind the paywall is just ridiculous. $50-$60 a year is a game I could of bought instead.

 

I want to see what PS4 does and maybe one day down the road I can get one. I have a nice instant PS3 backlog now  :)

I want a new PC too haha. It will happen at some point.

  • Author

Well if you want you can add me to PS.  Same name, ThermoNukePanda

Cool will do. I am vectordream over there as well.

"clear your system cache three times then delete marketplace data from storage system items before unplugging your console for three minutes. After this, you should install disc 1 and power off without inserting disc 2, then restart the console and install the second disc. That's advice from Xbox Live support though"

 

Clear cache three times? Why not just sacrifice a live chicken?

  • Author

"clear your system cache three times then delete marketplace data from storage system items before unplugging your console for three minutes. After this, you should install disc 1 and power off without inserting disc 2, then restart the console and install the second disc. That's advice from Xbox Live support though"

 

Clear cache three times? Why not just sacrifice a live chicken?

I know right! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.