July 1, 201016 yr comment_12733 Play.com is reporting on the specifications of the Kinect, and that "this information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers...".So yeah, it's probably real. Here is the kicker though. In the specifications is says that the Kinect can recognize and track up to 6 people, including 2 active players.WHAAA!?!? Really? So all those videos of families dancing around stupidly in front of their television are bogus because ALL of them aren't playing the games? Only two of them at a time? And the Kinect also only has the ability to map those two active players to Live Avatars? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!http://www.gamespot.com/news/6267556.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B6KINECT TECH SPECS (UNCONFIRMED) Sensor Color and depth-sensing lenses Voice microphone array Tilt motor for sensor adjustment Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles Field of View Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees Vertical field of view: 43 degrees Physical tilt range: ± 27 degrees Depth sensor range: 1.2m - 3.5m Data Streams 320x240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec 640x480 32-bit colour @ 30 frames/sec 16-bit audio @ 16 kHz Skeletal Tracking System Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players Tracks 20 joints per active player Ability to map active players to Live Avatars Audio System Live party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox Live Gold Membership) Echo cancellation system enhances voice input Speech recognition in multiple Report
July 1, 201016 yr Author comment_12742 I still won't be getting it either. I also find it amusing that many retailers are claiming "VERY LOW" amounts of pre-orders for the device. LoL Report
July 1, 201016 yr comment_12743 How many people can you fit in front of a TV anyways? lolIt won't be a deal breaker for those interested in it. The fact that it tracks one persons movement, is enough. Report
July 1, 201016 yr Author comment_12744 How many people can you fit in front of a TV anyways? lolIt won't be a deal breaker for those interested in it. The fact that it tracks one persons movement, is enough.You COULD fit quite a few people in front of my old 52" TV. *sad face* Report
July 1, 201016 yr comment_12745 I don't think my room is compatable with kinect. Theres just no way I could get far enough away from the camera for it to have a full body view. Maybe if I had an elaborate set up of mirrors...I'm not worried about the two people max either. I knew this thing would be lame the day they announced it. Report
July 1, 201016 yr comment_12746 Will it be lame? I think people focus on the fuzzy tiger too much. I like to think about the future. Like squad based shooters, using the voice recognition. Alpha squad, flank left!There's much you can do with this. Report
July 1, 201016 yr Author comment_12747 Will it be lame? I think people focus on the fuzzy tiger too much. I like to think about the future. Like squad based shooters, using the voice recognition. Alpha squad, flank left!There's much you can do with this.I agree with you PK. There is a LOT that the technology can evolve to. However, from experience, I can tell you that the voice recognition needs a LOT of work also. I remember the horrid experiences of fumbling through EndWar."Unit A move to Bravo"*watches unit start to move to Foxtrot*(frustrated voice) "UNIT A MOVE TO ******* BRAVO!"I'd rather have some sort of headtracking unit too. I wish a company would invest more along the lines of that. Report
July 1, 201016 yr comment_12752 I'm interested to see how well the exercise games are .. not to smallify my fat *** but I think my wife would use them. Plus since it's just her and I the "only recognizing two people" is just fine Report
July 1, 201016 yr comment_12758 I'm not going to trash kinect until i can see what it can do and what it has first hand. I've wanted to see it work up close ever since I saw that Milo thing. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12824 I think that Kinect has potential as far as what it can be used for. Speaking your dialogue option in Mass Effect 3, moving troops around in an RTS (think about the R.U.S.E teaser trailer with that interactive map). I have a wait and see approach as far as Kinect is concerned, but I am interested in it because of "Child of Eden" by Q? Entertainment, the makers of Rez and Lumines. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12840 How many people will just buy this and it will end up being a bigass paper wieght. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12842 I like to think about the future. Like squad based shooters, using the voice recognition. Alpha squad, flank left!There's much you can do with this.I think this is already in a few Clancy games like Endwar (possibly Vegas too). It might be interesting to see if they actually work in hand controls too. It might work wonders for RTS games. Report
July 2, 201016 yr comment_12843 mixed with a 3d tv, it could be really farking cool. imagine real life bullet time. Report
July 3, 201016 yr comment_12870 After I learned that Milo was essentially vapourware, kind of getting sick of the Kinect lies. Report
July 3, 201016 yr comment_12871 As far as active players go, not many places have room for more than two people with a full range of motion. For myself I'll be getting this as a cool remote, my wife digs the kinectimals Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.