June 30, 201016 yr comment_12662 lol. That's pretty good stuff. Just read this today too:According to documents leaked to Boy Genius Report today, AppleCare representatives are being given a strong company line to deliver to unhappy iPhone 4 owners who complain about reception issues....Here's the full text of the document as reported: 1. Keep all of the positioning statements in the BN handy -- your tone when delivering this information is important. a. The iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped. Our testing shows that iPhone 4's overall antenna performance is better than iPhone 3GS. b. Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception. This is true of the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS, and many other phones we have tested. It is a fact of life in the wireless world. c. If you are experiencing this on your iPhone 3GS, avoid covering the bottom-right side with your hand. d. If you are experiencing this on your iPhone 4, avoid covering the black strip in the lower-left corner of the metal band. e. The use of a case or Bumper that is made out of rubber or plastic may improve wireless performance by keeping your hand from directly covering these areas. 2. Do not perform warranty service. Use the positioning above for any customer questions or concerns. 3. Don't forget YOU STILL NEED to probe and troubleshoot. If a customer calls about their reception while the phone is sitting on a table (not being held) it is not the metal band. 4. ONLY escalate if the issue exists when the phone is not held AND you cannot resolve it. 5. We ARE NOT appeasing customers with free bumpers -- DON'T promise a free bumper to customers.Full Article Here Report
July 1, 201016 yr comment_12689 Does this mean you two are getting Evos? =]I considered getting a Droid because I feel good inside giving George Lucas money .. but honestly .. I never really had a problem with ATT&T and they now have a decent plan to call Canada, and if and when I do go up and visit my Mom my phone will keep it's same plan. I don't think Verison works up there .. but I could be wrong. I like Apple products and was going to get the protective band anyways so the drop call thing if I block the antenna really isn't a deal breaker for me. Plus I listened to a pod cast and one of the guys has a cell phone booster in his office and said when that's on it's impossible to kill the signal no matter how you hold. But that's like a $300 solution. What can I say .. I like Apple but I'm not a **** about it and I sure as hell wouldn't have waited in line for 6 or 9 hours to get one. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.