June 24, 201313 yr comment_77652 You be the judge. Reply with what you think. Ellie Ellen Page Polygon's article about ithttp://www.polygon.com/2013/6/24/4458176/ellen-page-says-the-last-of-us-ripped-off-her-likeness Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_77653 Without having seen a whole lot of The Last of Us, I always thought that the character looked like Ellen Page. But with the character being modeled on an actual person (though maybe modified a bit), the argument is baseless. Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_77656 If you followed the concept art for LoU you would see how the character evolved into it. She initially looked very little like Ellen Page and it just grew into it. It shames similarities for sure, but to say it's a rip off of her? No. It's vastly different in several important ways. The cheek bones are set lower, the lips are entirely different, etc. Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_77657 Ashley Johnson according to the article. What I meant by "modeled on an actual person (though maybe modified a bit)" was, there was an actual actress with the mocap dots on her face and everything, particularly around the mouth and other expressive parts. The modelers may have altered the looks a bit from there, but it was based around that actress. There is an underlying similarity, but it seems they "youthened" up her features a bit. And Ellen Page is known for her youngish look, the soft, rounded facial features etc. Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_77667 There's no hipster guitar soundtrack or random shitty couches to sit on and muse poetic about life on in the game is there? Then it has nothing to do with Ellen Page. Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_77671 Lol. Nope. Ellie is a survivor, and gd the parts where you play as her. Crazy shit. As for the looks, sure they may have similarities, but who cares. Ellen Page has her own game with a character modeled after her. There's enough difference between them. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77692 I thought for sure it was Ellen Page. When I read it wasn't I shit a purple twinkie. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77703 If someone modeled something in my likeness I'd be FLATTERED. Not bitching about it,Go fuck yourself, Ellen, whoever the fuck you are. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77712 Only movie I recognized her from was Inception. She was the architect girl. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77713 I was going to ask PK for a source, but I figured it out. Holy shit, people blew this WAY out of proportion.Ellen Page did an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit. Basically, people go in and ask her a bunch of questions and they get answers, or they don't. The comment that caused this explosion of news was bullshit. It was a loaded question. "This has almost certainly been made clear to you several times, but are you aware how much you look like Ellie from The Last of Us a video game which came out about a week ago. She even sounds like you. So much so that almost everyone assumed it was you playing the role."Was the comment that she responded to. He stated quite clearly that it was an assumption they were going to operate under for her response. She responded to his question using the exact same assumption. Saying things like "fuck you" to someone who has done, literally, nothing wrong is absurd and I expect better from you Gamercide. Source:http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1gxgfx/i_am_actress_ellen_page_amaa/caorlh8 Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77718 She said she should be flattered, but didn't appreciate it. Certainly nothing to be worked up about. However, had she said worse, I still wouldn't care. As for being better, it's a forum and everyone has a right to their opinion. Obviously some people don't even know who she is. Why should they bother to look further into the source? Plus, PK obviously grabbed this to get people to post. It worked. Report
June 25, 201313 yr Author comment_77723 The source was in the first post. And the first paragraph has the link to the reddit AMA. Actress Ellen Page did not appreciate her alleged likeness to be used in Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, according to a Reddit AMA which she took part in today. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77724 In my opinion, it all comes down to her trying to drum up publicity for her dying celebrity image or whatever is left of her Juno and Inception fame. She's also probably trying to get publicity for her game. Whatever she is trying to accomplish is going to do the opposite because now everyone is talking about Last of Us, kind of like Jim Carey blowing off the new Super Bad movie he is in for being too violent, because now of course everyone is going to want to see what the big deal is. As far as people and their opinions in this thread and the use of "fuck you", everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That is what makes Gamercide so great, because we accept that our community is diverse and do not tell them how to think, act, or what to say. They have an opinion and we do not alter it. We don't go around policing posts to make sure that we appear to be upstanding, we are who we are. Take it or leave it. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_77725 I'm lost, looks like I missed out on some drama, but I'm glad it was settled quickly. I agree it does look like her, but at the same time I can definitely see the resemblence to the real actress (nose, lips, eyebrows). Report
June 26, 201313 yr comment_77751 It was clearly directed to me.You don't know me. I drop swear words like I take shits.and I won't stop. I've been apart of gamercide way before it was called gamercide. We've been allowed to express ourselves however we want, and that's not going to stop. It's what makes us diverse, and if you don't like it, or me, oh well, I'll continue as I always have. Report
June 26, 201313 yr comment_77755 I don't hate Ellen Page, but I stand by my shitty hipster couch statement. Report
June 26, 201313 yr comment_77762 It was clearly directed to me.You don't know me. I drop swear words like I take shits.and I won't stop.I've been apart of gamercide way before it was called gamercide. We've been allowed to express ourselves however we want, and that's not going to stop. It's what makes us diverse, and if you don't like it, or me, oh well, I'll continue as I always have.Preach it sister...lol Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_77850 I'm just popping in to say that I love Ellen Page and want to marry her. Report
June 30, 201313 yr comment_77872 Lol, ava cant have an opinion. Shes a robot. *throws pickle at ava, then runs and ducks behind couch with poet* Report
June 30, 201313 yr comment_77873 never played the game and when the first trailer came out, i thought ellen paige modeled and would be voice acting in the game. there is no denying they used her likeness. Report
July 1, 201313 yr comment_77898 Lol, ava cant have an opinion. Shes a robot. *throws pickle at ava, then runs and ducks behind couch with poet* Careful derr! Ava will roundhouse kick your nipples back into the PS1 era. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.