Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Friend wants a new PC

Featured Replies

If he just wants to buy it all made already I have heard good things about ibuypower.com

 

My Mom ordered a gaming PC from them and was really happy with it. I was going to build mine but if I see a deal on here that I can't refuse then I could go with them.

 

Even if he does not buy from them you can still put one in the cart and min/max things out. Check prices and get a list of components that you can buy elsewhere.

Yeah Dat knows best haha.

 

If all else fails this kid seems to know something. It's a good starting point if you can get through his vids lol. This is a short playlist of gaming builds ranging $400 and up. He also lists out the components for each vid in the description with links on places to buy.

 

To summarize the IM I sent you, I would start by picking what you want for graphics and go from there.

Tom's hardware does a good job of letting you know what is out there for the money, but there are plenty of other places to get an idea of what graphics power you want. Always check reviews look for what fps you may get with games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

A Radeon HD 7870 or 7950 might be the highest he can get with that price point. Nvidia has some card that may perform a little bit less for the same price (They seem to be going more for the high end graphics market with their new cards now)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.